Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC3030 Arlo Camera When I looked at the video, it was black

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is there an issue with night vision? A few weeks ago one of my outside cameras woke me around 4 AM with an alert. When I looked at the video, it was black. I tried the Live view and it was also black. Later that day (once it was daylight) and checked the camera and it was working okay.  Then again early this morning around 4:20, the same thing happened. I received an alert, looked at the video and it was black, looked at the Live view and it was also black. Later in the morning (after it the sun came up), the view was restored. Please advise as to a solution.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard to say for sure.  SOunds like night vision is turned off or not working.  Verify that night vision is enabled in Settings, My Devices, your cameras.  If so, take the camera into a dark room and trigger motion - see if you can see the dull red IR LEDs light up.  If not, open and close the battery door and test again.  If still bad, remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and resync.  If STILL no good, open a case with support.