Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of 4 cameras draining new batteries within 48 hours

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
LA6
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my four cameras (one with best signal) all of a sudden is draining new batteries within 48 hours and going off line. I have now gone through three sets of batteries and don't know what to do. Please advise. All other cameras working normally

10 REPLIES 10
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Normally this is caused by the cam continually losing contact to the base station.  Try placing the cam about 10-15 fl fro base station and see if the drain continues.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

and also swap it with another to verify the issue follows the camera

Warranty is a yr on products

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LA6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have already put another camera in the same location and it is having no issues.. I am over the year on warranty. Any known fixes or am I out a camera?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

not much of a solution but use rechargeable batteries and use this cam in a location where its easy to get at to recharge/   Hopefully someone has a better tip.

actionjk
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue , i have 4 cams , one is actiong up, I replaced batteries twice and they drain in a couple days. Just in one camera with in 15 feet of base station, out of warranty. I do have a second system and my other home 5 cams , has been working fun both are almost 2 yrs old

manfredz wrote:

not much of a solution but use rechargeable batteries and use this cam in a location where its easy to get at to recharge/   Hopefully someone has a better tip.

Bummed

lbbike24
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue, 2 of my 5 camera’s drain within a few hours and another has a pink hue. No  support from Arlo. They know they have problems with these cameras and will not replace them. I will never buy arlo again and I wish I had waited longer to recommend these to several friends. I live in So California with a mild climate so it’s not like these cameras are out in the weather.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lbbike24,

How far away from the base station are the cameras that are experiencing battery drain?

How much activity are these cameras recording per day?

JamesC

danielkeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with new batteries draining under 48 hours.  I bought 3 new replacements.  One of the three had a red hue right out of the box.  Help for either issue appreciated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

danielkeb,

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to sync back up to the base station and try again. If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

danielkeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Batteries are completely dead.  I get a brief blue flicker then nothing, even if I hold down sync button on top of camera.