Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Keep Dropping Offline!!!

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

I just cannot understand this at all. All camera's work for a period of time, 2, 3, 4, 5.....7 days at a time sometimes, then all of a sudden, just like right now, I have 2 to 3 camera's offline. I haven't done a thing. I can go and move the base station slightly in one direction or another and pick up a camera that's offline, but that causes one that's online to go off line. This is absolutley 2.4ghz wifi related!!!

I have done everything!!! I've had this base station everywhere, in every possible position, it must be a bad base station, it has to be.

I get private messages from Netgear, but the bottom line is they've done absolutley nothing to help me out or look at my issue seriously!!!

Do you hear me Netgear???

32 REPLIES 32
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

Lost 3 cameras!!! Thanks Arlo!!! What great fun this is!!!

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

After walking outside and checking the motion sensors on the 2 most important cameras that were actually online an filming myself cussing this whole system out and coming in and reviewing the clips, I only had 2 cameras online, so I decided to move the base station. I layed it over on it's back on and wham!!! All cameras just leaped online and I could dtart streamin on 2 cameras at a time in under 10 seconds. Got all cameras to stream and base is still laying on it's back.

Not sure how long this will last and I've got to work tommorrow!!!

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

All motion on!!! All cameras online!!! 4 bars on all but one and it has 3 bars!!! 3 cameras work on motion, but the 2 south cameras no motion even though I can stream, no motion on 2 cameras!!!

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

have your tried to change the Wiifi channel to see if the helps ?

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

I'm not even sure how to do that. How many channels are available on 2.4??? I'm also using a dual band range extender, because I couldn't get anything to work, with the base plugged directly into my cable router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are 11 channels in the US, 1-11. To use a different channel than the base have the base far from the router/extender. A process that might help would be to turn the base off, change the router to a different channel manually and turn the base back on to allow it to pick up the new channel. Then manually change the router back to the desired channel. The base should keep its new setting but will likely go back to the router's channel if ever powered down or rebooted agai, in which case you'd have to repeat the process.

I haven't done this myself but it's been mentioned here before.

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

jguerdat wrote:

There are 11 channels in the US, 1-11. To use a different channel than the base have the base far from the router/extender. A process that might help would be to turn the base off, change the router to a different channel manually and turn the base back on to allow it to pick up the new channel. Then manually change the router back to the desired channel. The base should keep its new setting but will likely go back to the router's channel if ever powered down or rebooted agai, in which case you'd have to repeat the process.

I haven't done this myself but it's been mentioned here before.

Thanks jguerdat!!! Netgear I guess, has agreed that I may have a bad base station, as they are sending another one out along with one camera that was showing some curious anomalies. Right now, I'm afraid to do anything, as it's working for the time being, but the next time it acts up, I'll be giving your process a go.

Again thanks for the advise, I really do appreciate it.

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

Thought I'd bump this, so everybody can see what I went through and maybe it would prove useful to those having issues. Notice the timeline and how I documented it all.

I'm also going to bump another old thread that describes how I troubleshot my own system, as I think it could also prove helpful.