Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All camera goes offline after few hours.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jhgao
Follower
Follower

I just installed a 5-camera system two days ago. During the 2 days' use, I notice that all cameras went offline after the system is up for a few hours. I can restart the base stationg to get the camera online. But they all go offline again after 3-4 hours.

I have switched my wifi channels twice (auto -> 11 -> 1). It doesn't help. Since I am using the camera for home security. A flacky connection (of at least the base should try reconnect to the camera) will be really problematic!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are you using to monitor, computer or mobile device? One trick that mostly works is to log out and back into the Arlo servers. Seems to be a refresh thang..

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

I realize that a lot of folks don't agree with me, but I've also been having issues again, even with my range extender. The internet connection on my base station, is fine and stable and I have speed to burn and Netgear can confirm this!

What I continue to find is, the base station to camera signal/communication is critical, just because the green light, indicating your cameras are online, only means that at least one camera is communicating! It in no way, indicates that all camera's are communicating! If you have a marginal connection between the base station and camera's you will get, either "getting status" for an extremly long time, or "connection timed out" (something like that), or "camera offline". Also, if you cannot stream at least (2) camera's at a time, or it takes excessively long to stream a camera, this is an indication that your base station and cameras don't have optimal communication. The radar icon, is really, pretty much useless, as one of my cameras, the furthest away, has a radar icon of one to two bars and it's performance is better than the ones with all four bars.

If you move your base station around and try different angles, I'm sure you'll find better performance, at least I have. Give it a try, it doesn't cost a thing and it might help.

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

I'm bumping this for new users and maybe it will help. you can read my post above.