Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Junkyarddog
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app said my camera was offline. I grabbed the camera to test it because this wasn't the first time it's appeared offline. I brought the camera up to modem put new batteries in it and tried to sync. After putting in new batteries the solid blue light comes on right after I close battery compartment. The solid blue light only stays on for a second or two. After I hit the sync button on modem and it's ready to sync my Arlo camera will not do anything after pushing sync button. I have repeated these steps and I get the same results. Camera will ultimately not sync to modem or even flash light after initial battery installation.
Please HELP!
7 REPLIES 7
manfredz
Hero
Hero

The Arlo engineering team has identified the cause and resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

phatjap1
Guide
Guide

I also have this problem. (as well as ongoing geo-fencing issues) I bought the system in June and now,3 months, nearing the end of September I believe the camera is faulty. I nhoticed one day it was offline and tried to resync it, but it would not work. I installed new batteries and the blue light came on and then went off, I tried to sync but nothing. Tried this multiple times and no blue flashing light on the camera - but I did notice that after half an hour when I picked up the camera again, it was noticable warm. Very, in fact. So I bought new Duracell batteries and it did the same thing. They were pretty much dead after an hour or so. Unless there's a reset button to try, I think the camera is dead? Anyone else had this issue? Rgds./

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

phatjap1

Log in to your Arlo account and remove the camera. Bring the camera close to your base station and go through the sync process again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Junkyarddog
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did try that and I thank you for the recommendation. I removed the camera and tried to add it again and the camera does not have any response whatsoever at this point. The batteries are new but I tried with another set just to see and same results. At this point I have a dead camera it seems. Any other ideas?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open and close the battery door.  Do you see a blue LED flash when first closing the door?  If not, make sure you don't push the batteries down into their slots - just place them.  Let the battery door do the pushing.  Any help?  If not, swap at the store (if new enough) or open a case with support.

Junkyarddog
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I've tried all the techniques given to me and even a few random ideas but everything went flat. The camera does not seem to work at all. I bought from amazon.. any recommendations on where I could exchange this one camera?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How long ago?  If within the return period, Amazon would be the place to swap.  Otherwise, open a case with support since that's how faulty hardware has to be handled.