Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not sync!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nonnie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok..from the top! I purchased the base station with 3 cameras..model number VMB3000. Everything was fine, downloaded the app installed the cameras..worked perfectly. About a month in one of the cameras needed batteries. So, changed the batteries and an amber light kept coming on. Changed them again and the same thing. The batteries I was using were the ones that came with the unit when I purchased it. So I uninstalled it from my app and tried to reinstall it and it would never sync up. So I decided to go purchased the $20 batteries new and try again to reinstall the camera. Put the new batteries in and a solid blue light came on and went off. So, I followed the directions on the app to add a camera. I pushed the sync button on my base unit for 2 seconds, it started flashing, then I held the sync button on top of the camera for 2 seconds. These are the directions on the app for installing a new camera. I does not work! I've taken the batteries out, put them back in (not while during the syncing process) solid blue light keeps coming on. I'm assuming the batteries are good. I've tried multiple times to sync this camera! Any other suggestions? Short of deleting the app and cameras that are working and trying to reinstall the whole system for one camera, I don't know what else to try.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Simple fix I hope...

The info that you HOLD the sync buttons for 2 secs is basically WRONG. I haven't seen a fix in the docs cause many system sit on store shelfs for a while.

SO,  Do a quick push on the base sync button, then 1-2 secs later a quick push on the camera sync button... it should work fine.

As a PS.. it is possible the batteries were bad/old in the box...a couple other users complain of the same thing recently.

Also , when purchased on line ( battery junction ) the battereis run about $145 each

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Nonnie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried your suggestion. I even took the batteries out of one of my cameras that is working and put the batteries from the camera I can't get to come on in it and the battery life is 90%. So I know the batteries are good. When I put the batteries in, it makes a clicking sound and a solid blue light comes on and then goes off.
Nonnie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I hit accept solution by accident but my problem hasn't been solved...sorry for my mistake. Should I completely uninstall my whole system and app and start from the beginning?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Nonnie wrote:
I tried your suggestion. I even took the batteries out of one of my cameras that is working and put the batteries from the camera I can't get to come on in it and the battery life is 90%. So I know the batteries are good. When I put the batteries in, it makes a clicking sound and a solid blue light comes on and then goes off.

The Clicking noise and Blue led flash when closing battery door is normal.

Do a power button reboot of the base, give it 2 mins about to come back online... when it does attempt the sync again as mentioned with a quick push of the sync butons.

Morse is faster than texting!