Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't stream video or see camera status in firefox or IE

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
thaweatherman
Star
Star

I have Firefox v45.6 and IE 11.0.96 and Flash v24.0.0. For the past few months I have been unable to view my camera status on the Mode page or stream video from my cameras. The web app thinks the cameras are offline when they very definitely are not offline. I do not have Chrome on this computer, nor am I able to install any applications (no admin privileges, so no updates either. updates are pushed from IT).

I narrowed the problem down to the API call the web app makes to set up an event-stream (https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/client/subscribe?token=<my token>). The request is made but a response is never received. This results in an event-stream never being created and thus preventing any future API calls by the web app from succeeding.

I contacted support via chat and was told to "use chrome" despite mentioning all of the above. Has anyone else run into a similar problem or can help me with this? Seems like a problem for @JamesC or other Arlo people rather than the community.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, sometimes the easiest thing to do is change browsers....

I have changed from FF to chrome and now back to FF ( over the last two years )... it's funny but over time for an unknown reason one works better than the other

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Since you seem to be using a work computer, you may need to involve your network folks to configure the router to allow this.
thaweatherman
Star
Star

I did. They aren't blocking it. They added an exception for it to allow any and every kind of traffic to/from the site and it still failed. It's not my office network.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Dunno. Seems like Arlo support is about your last hope.