Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not record

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
agwood04
Tutor
Tutor

I have a camera that won't record.  

It is properly synced to the base station.  I can watch a live feed from my app by hitting the play button.  I put it in the motion test mode and set it to 100% senstivity.  Then I walked around and the motion test appeared to work because the orange light when come on when it detected me walking.  

However, when take it out of the test mode it never records anything.  This camera has prviously worked just fine.

Any help fixing would be apprciated.  A camera that won't record when there is motion is pretty much worthless.

31 REPLIES 31
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There should be an update notice in the Devices tab as well as a red triangle for any device that needs updating in Settings, My Devices.

Taking the system to another place just needs Arlo itself - no computer. Use the app to check things out. The act of powering down and up should generally trigger the update but its possible that the update would occur overnight.

First, though, what are the various firmware versions installed? If you're already updated, moving the system won't help. However, the slow upload speed will affect the uploaded video quality, perhaps significantly.
kiddos78
Aspirant
Aspirant
WORTHLESS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT EVER!!!!!!
UPDATED INTERNET PROVIDER,UPDATED ROUTER WILL NOT DISCOVER DEVICE AT ALL NOW. GETTING 9MBP NOW WILL NOT DISCOVER DEVICE!!! THIS IS A SERIOUS FAIL CAUSED BY ARLO FIRMWARE UPDATE.
kiddos78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried the recommendation of factory reset. Said all lights shoud blink amber. Never did only the one on far right did. Tried this several times. Same thing!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The reset is done by either usingnthe reset button ALONE until the LEDs flash or by removing it in Settings, My Devices.

The flashing amber LED on the right end is caused by holding the sync button down too long. That's why we recommend only brief presses of the sync button when syncing cameras.
kiddos78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well you better change the directions that are given in the prompt by your own app!!! I would not have done it otherwise!!! Blind leading the blind at alro!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I agree that the docs haven't kept up with the changes.
kiddos78
Aspirant
Aspirant
It was on the app!! As i was booting up!!! It told me to do it!!! Just folling instructions!!! Spoke with Kyle on arlo support!!! Have been fortunate enough to get her before!!! She has got to be one of the more knowledgeable support personnel Arlo has. Thank goodness she got me back up and running!! With a paper clip inserted in the whole in the back of the unit. She is a McGuyver for sure!!! These systems still have many bugs that need working out! Crazy!!!