Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
rat10010
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only way I was able to get the chat to work, is to paste this link into a new tab on the browser.

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/arlo/ContactUs/Chat.aspx?l=en

Dodgster1
Star
Star
JUst tried it on both Safari and Chrome....no shock to find that it didnt work on either.
This is pathetic! Stuck with two cameras that havent worked from day one and no means to rectify....I somehow cant help but think this is by design. I’m also not overly thrilled to discover that there are people in the arlo community who have had issues for 3 years plus and just seem to have accepted that the equipment doesnt work as advertised....sorry but i’m not spending out good money for sub standard goods so someone needs to stop stalling and provide me with a route for me to return and exchange the goods that do not work...
rat10010
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problem, and I also didn't want to spend the money to call. I tried everything under the sun to get that chat link to work. I am in the US, maybe the UK link is different.

What I finally did that worked, was open the chat window, as you know it comes open blank. I copied the link from that blank chat box, and pasted it into a new chrome tab. It worked first shot.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dodgster1,

I will assist in opening a support case for you. I will send you a private message with the details.

JamesC

ZimZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't chat and i do not want to call. Where is the simple e-mail option ?

Can you assist me im making a support case? I have the same problem, and reset do not work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm told email is only available when chat is not. Chat and phone are your typical methods.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ZimZ,

Have you tried to reboot your base station? and remove and resync your camera?

J-E-V
Tutor
Tutor

has anyone had any problems with customer support?  I have NEVER had such bad service ever.  We have 3 cameras and 2 developed the 'pink tint' problem back in June.  Spoke to Arlo, sent screenshots and they agreed they needed replacing and i had to contact them to arrange this.

I had to send them back to returns dept in UK at my own expense!!! and then nothing .....

This is when the fun began....  very expensive calls to support usually US or Indian call centres and nobody does anything regarding my lack of replacements, now ask to speak to supervisors/managers who insist they will call back (never happens) and then have to refer it 'up the ladder'.... they have to check they received returned cameras (luckily I sent them 'signed for' and they have to be reminded to check my file and the have a screenshot of receiving signature that I sent them) but no they have to check again.

It is over 3 months I have been waiting for my replacements and am now seriously thinking of taking this further and I cannot do anymore as constantly being ignored and nobody at netgear doing there job!

has anyone else had such bad customer support/service? (wish I'd looked at more amazon reviews before I purchased them) or do I give up and write off over £500 woth of cameras....

charlesgibson93
Initiate
Initiate

may camera image is pink,    WHY This problem seems to be something thsat has been happening.to all/ or 

many of your customers...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's actually a relative few. Open and close the battery door. If that doesn't work, open a case with support here for an RMA.

charlesgibson93
Initiate
Initiate

I am sorry I find you answer to be untrue, Thank you for your time

Davemasen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do NOT call this number. Its ads only. Spam!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only real Arlo support number is found by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. Of the 3rd page are the only methods to contact support. The Googled numbers are indeed spam - or worse.

Wds1215
Initiate
Initiate
My camera shows pink video. When I click on live chat it only opens another window that is blank. I need to know how to contact someone about this.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wds1215,

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to sync back up to the base station and try again. If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

RuralNZ
Initiate
Initiate
My cameras keep displaying a pink hue when recording. Resetting the cameras/base station corrects this for about an hour then the cameras are back displaying a pink image. I have tried three times to contact support. Unfortunately all three have been failed attempts with spending 15 minutes just trying to get the operator to correctly write down my email address. They don’t even understand that an email address has an @ in it. When they finally get it, they say they’ll send an email to me with a case number but don’t (yes have checked spam folders). . Ring back and again another 15 minutes with a different support person trying to get them to write down my email correctly. Finally got an email address out of them yesterday and now no reply to that. I can see by the multitude of threads on the support boards that cameras are failing everywhere with this same issue. Yet the support people can not offer any solution, will not provide the information they say they will. Yes I have tried the chat function and same result. Hopeless service from a person who just wants me to turn the cameras off again and reset them again even though I have done that every day since this problem started. I am an extremely disappointed customer. Is there a phone number to ring the home office, wherever in the world that may be, so I can talk to a senior person who can fix this issue and replace the two broken cameras?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned in many other similar threads here, it's a hardware issue with the IR filter getting stuck. As such, invoke your warranty by opening a case with support here.

Snn5
Apprentice
Apprentice
IR is off 24/7. Streams in color at night (not grey) but red in daylight. Why if IR is off would it even come on? Light or lack of light shouldn't even trigger IR. So once the picture is in color (not grey or pink) it should not revert.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The original wireless cameras use a moveable IR filter. It gets stuck on occasion so you can try removing batteries and reinserting to free it. If not, it's a hardware problem that has nothing to do with the Night Vision setting which simply turns to IR illuminators on or off. If within the warranty period, open a case with support here.

RuralNZ
Initiate
Initiate
Stop suggesting people contact support. Support does not respond with information only takes you around in circles until you give up with them. When a person on the phone doesn’t even know how to write down an email address, and you can hear laughing in the background, you know that you are being had by a very unprofessional company. Every time I see people asking about purchasing an arlo product in a message board I now reply and make sure they know how useless the system is. It doesn’t detect motion, they lose connection all the time, now this issue of red cameras and the hopeless support.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contacting support is the only way to invoke your warranty for hardware faults. 

J-E-V
Tutor
Tutor
If a case is opened how long does this take to be resolved???
I sent mine back to netgear in July for replacements and am still waiting...
Another new case number issued in October by JamesC (netgear community professional) and no answer 1 month later so that’s nearly 5 months waiting for a solution. Netgear steal your money when things go wrong but with me they actually did my cameras too! Probably sat in a warehouse rubbish bin somewhere.
Disgraceful
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

J-E-V,

I will reach out to you in a private message and provide an update.

JamesC

Malk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone, your help please!

I have been operating and Arlo system for some time now (12 months or so) and two of the cameras have suddenly failed!

Sounds strange but they have both failed at the same time..

1. Camera 1 VMC3030 now only shows in a "Pink" hue, looks like the colour filter has gone!

2. Camera 2 VMC3030 will only connect to my hub for approx 30 minutes then go off line and drain the batteries!

I have fully charged the batteries and swapped them from my previous cameras, also have swicthed my cameras over to the ones which are working, reset the router and also the cameras and reinstalled the latest firmware.  Like I say, I have had the system approx a year now, so would like to think I know what I am doing!

If anyone has any suggestions or experiences then please let me know as half of my system is no inoperative, surely these Arlo systems and for the money that they cost should last without fault for years nor months!!!!  I am frustrated as the system when purchased was close to £750, its been amazing... up until now...

Reaching out and hop to hear from you soon 🙂

Malk

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The pink cast has been reported and solutions posted many times here over the years. If opening and closing the battery door to reset the camera doesn't work, you can open a case with support here to invoke your warranty. If the warranty is up, you'd need to replace the camera yourself.

I'm not clear on the camera that disconnects and what you've tried. The first thing I would do would be to swap cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or the location.