Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support. That's the only way to get hardware support.

Kjk304
Tutor
Tutor
So first camera goes red after 3 days, second camera went red after 10 days. Followed suggestion on forum that it's a night vision filter that isn't retracting properly during day, so mounting upside down causes filter to retract correctly. It does work upside down now, but for $350 I shouldn't have to use a workaround to correct Arlo' s design flaws!
My question is for those getting replacement cameras from Arlo, do your replacement (I read as often refurbished rather than new!) cameras work right side up? Trying to decide if I should return to Best Buy now for a full refund and go with something else or not. Not feeling very confident in this product!
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I dont think its that widespread a problem.  I've had a 4 cam set in Jan.   on one and one cam only it started to happen this summer and then only once every 4-6 weeks. And since opening/reclosing battery door cleards, I can live with problem. Yes there are other weatherproof battery operated cams on the market, and if you read up on them you'll find they too have problems.  I have one battery operated cam from a competitor, and while it has some features I wish the Arlo had, there are many things the Arlo has that it lacks.

Techperson2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a case had one response and have been waiting a week and still no response they told me to call them but I havn't heard from them there service is makeing me wonder what I have bought into.

Boot879
Star
Star
Flip the camera upside down and then flip the image in the app. That fixes most “red tint” issues. Customer service is a waste of time as it’s a hardware issue that was resolved when they made the Arlo Pro.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And you simply don't need to live with it.  You have the return privilege at the store as well as the 1 year warranty that you can utilize by opening a case with support here.  I don't understand why so many people have trouble understanding that these options are available and to use them.

Dan_the_man7
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC or anyone from the support staff. My camera is showing a pink/red image when first installed it. I then procceded to take out the batteries and re-sync it. After that it still shows a pink/red image. Please contact me by any means. Thank you.
tjohnson147
Star
Star
Open your camera battery compartment turn the camera upside down but the batteries back in it and leave it upside down If that doesn't work try leaving it on for A-day or 2 sometimes with the sunrise and change in lighting the camera will automatically fix itself if that doesn't work then call customer service I will find you a number
Dan_the_man7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thanks, tjohnson147. The number would be greatly appreciated.
tjohnson147
Star
Star
4086383750 thats the customer service number. 1. Be prepared to be on the phone like 30min. 2 . Be ready to repeat ur problem like 10 times with 3 different operators. 3. Remember Arlo has the best camera's believe me I've checked but they have the absolute hands down worst damn customer service of any business. Good luck!
Dan_the_man7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was skeptical after reading a lot of reviews pertaining to battery and time delay.
tjohnson147
Star
Star
After much experimentation the battery will depend on your sensitivity setting on the camera in other words if you're at a 100% sensitivity you're gonna go to batteries quick depending on what you're looking at you may want to turn the sensitivity down to make the batteries last longer but they also make the rechargeable battery
Dan_the_man7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm just going to return the whole system back to Best Buy and get the same brand. If the pink and red screen appears again I'm done buying net gear products.. they want me to apply a credit card just so they can send me a new camera. I told them why don't you send me a box with a return shipping label. They said they can't do that. So I have to use my own money and resources. This is a cheap multi million dollar corperation.
tjohnson147
Star
Star
Just for the he'll of it go to Amazon and checkout "Reolink"
manfredz
Hero
Hero

when Netgearcon cluded I had a defective Base station I gave them my cc number thy sent me a replacement incl return shipping label pointing out I had 10 days to return the defective station or they zing mycc  card for the cost.  I think thats a fair system.

tjohnson147
Star
Star
They refused to fix my camera so I'm one down. One guy said warranty was up . Another day I called they said no it wasn't. There customer service needs to improve.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

should be straight forward. 1ye ar warranty unless refurbished

BobW_NC
Guide
Guide

"And you simply don't need to live with it.  You have the return privilege..."

Yes you do. I have been through three sets of three of them from the local Wal-Mart over the past three weeks. Goes for a few days to a week, and one camera randomly decides to go pink during the day. It's annoying, but I guess in the end, if I have to keep replacing them this way, I'll never have dead batteries.

BobW_NC
Guide
Guide

"Flip the camera upside down and then flip the image in the app..." Interesting. I'll have to try that.

I'd be concerned that if exposed to weather, rain might get in it as the battery compartment isn't sealed. If it drowns, head over to where you bought them, buy a new set, and take the broken bodies back for a refund.

I've only had these for coming up on a month, but from what the long-timer / "Netgear / Arlo can do nothing wrong defenders" say, that's the repair method. Play the RMA game, or return them repeatedly. On the bright side, you get a new set of batteries on every trip doing that. I ended up buying mine at Wal-Mart - first set was from Sam's - and as long as you have your receipt and bring everything back, it's a simply process, and at the end, you feel like you accomplished something unlike dealing with Arlo customer service. Oh wait, you did!

Henral
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why did my camera show red image in the morning. Is there something wrong with it?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes... Open battery door and reclose to reset camera and test during day.

If still reddish or happens again, contact Netgear Support https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Techperson2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a camera go bad they sent me one but it wasn't my arlo pro they sent me the cheaper model what can I do. customer service said they sent me the right one. They didn't I have the box to prove it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use your case to correct it.

Techperson2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't they closed it out. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is this the camera that went bad with the pink tint?