Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera sync trouble

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mummolo
Follower
Follower

I bought the four camera system and one of my cameras won't sync. I've tried re-setting it by opening the battery compartment and closing it. A blue light comes on for a few seconds then goes off. I then attempt the sync process, but the camera never gives me a flashing blue light.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be clear, you're only pushing the sync button on the base for 1-2 seconds, right?

You may need to use the factory reset on the base (hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber) and start the process over again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mummolo,

You might consider trying a fresh set of batteries to see if you get the same behavior. Or try batteries from one of the cameras that is behaving correctly. Please let us know!

JamesC

Dallas2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have the 2 camera package and the first csmera dunked fine but the 2nd is blinking blue and not responding. After a day of frustration I gave it another go by jiggling the battery's resynced yes the fast blue flashing lights flashed. The camera appeared on my phone with a blank screen and the live icon lit up later a Amber message telling me to try again so now I am no closer to having a 2nd operational camera (this camera must be faulty)
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dallas2,

What error message are you receiving? Are you able to live stream the camera or take manual recordings?

JamesC

Dallas2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have spoken to a technician in the Phillipines today and have case number set up. It looks like I may need to upgrade my internet speed and are in the process of doing so. If a new upgrade does not work I will be back in touch.