Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nhut0420
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've set a mode up where when one camera detects motion then all the other cameras would start recording (I have 4 cameras total) but it's really inconsistent. Sometimes it'll record on all of the cameras and sometimes it'll just record on one or two cameras. Am I missing something cause it seems like it should work all of the time? Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nhut0420,

Welcome to the community! If the rules are set up correctly within the mode you should have no issues.

If motion is detected on Cam A then record on Cam A

If motion is detected on Cam A then record on Cam B

If motion is detected on Cam A then record on Cam C

If motion is detected on Cam A then record on Cam D

I assume that is what you are describing. Cams B C and D will always sleep until prompted to record by Cam A. You should get these results if you always have that custom mode active. Are you using a schedule and have different modes active within that schedule?

If you only have the one custom mode active, there could be some sort of interference between the cameras that are not being triggered and the base station which is keeping them from waking up and recording when Cam A detects motion. Check the range/signal strength on the cameras you are having problems with and consider relocating them to isolate if the location is why you're having issues.

Let us know!

JamesC

masiellomd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  I do not think that it is because the cameras cannot talk to the base station as the signal strregth is strong and it still fails when I have them next to oneanother. 

masiellomd
Aspirant
Aspirant

However with some futher playing around tonight I found that within modes one of my rules was set to off, and by turing that rule on, everything worked they way it was programed to. 

nhut0420
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

nhut0420,

Welcome to the community! If the rules are set up correctly within the mode you should have no issues.

If motion is detected on Cam A then record on Cam A

If motion is detected on Cam A then record on Cam B

If motion is detected on Cam A then record on Cam C

If motion is detected on Cam A then record on Cam D

I assume that is what you are describing. Cams B C and D will always sleep until prompted to record by Cam A. You should get these results if you always have that custom mode active. Are you using a schedule and have different modes active within that schedule?

If you only have the one custom mode active, there could be some sort of interference between the cameras that are not being triggered and the base station which is keeping them from waking up and recording when Cam A detects motion. Check the range/signal strength on the cameras you are having problems with and consider relocating them to isolate if the location is why you're having issues.

Let us know!

JamesC

schedule set on one mode.

yes i have it setup as you described and the signals for all of my cameras have three to four bars on them but it is still inconsistent. Sometimes it'll record on all four cameras just fine but other times it'll just record on three or two cameras only and I do just have my schedule set on one mode.