Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Vsztul16
Tutor
Tutor
I have 3 cameras, 2 are working fine, but one is not recording motion. It gives me live feed, but that is it. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vsztul16
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the advice. I took out battery and then put it back in and motion is now being detected. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vsztul16 wrote:
I have 3 cameras, 2 are working fine, but one is not recording motion. It gives me live feed, but that is it. Please help.

These are the original Arlo WireFree cameras?  Is the base station in the normal "ARMED" mode?

See if you can make a manual recording.  If that works, then check the motion sensing with the motion detection test.  https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device

Vsztul16
Tutor
Tutor
Base station is armed and I still can't get any motion detection. I tried the motion detection sensor moving it up and down and nothing happened.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vsztul16 wrote:
 I tried the motion detection sensor moving it up and down and nothing happened.

If the motion detection test I linked in earlier fails, then maybe try removing/replacing the batteries (e.g., reboot the camera), and see if it comes back.

If it doesn't, then the camera hardware has likely failed. It sounds like it's out of warranty - if so, you'd need to get a new one. The old one could still be cross-triggered though.

Vsztul16
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the advice. I took out battery and then put it back in and motion is now being detected. Thanks for taking the time to respond.