Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera has stopped working

Discussion stats
Callicat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed my system with 3 cameras a few days ago and all was working well. One of my cameras has stopped working. It shows a dead battery. I took the batteries out and reinserted as instructed by other posts on this site. Still not working. I put in new batteries and it still shows dead battery and is unresponsive.

What do I do now?

48 REPLIES 48
Urb5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've had a 3 camera system for several months now and it's been working great. But a couple of days ago one of the cameras stopped working. I've changed the batteries twice to no avail. When I put them in and close the door the camera makes a click and the blue light flashes once but won't work
Not sure what's wrong?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Urb5,

Consider removing the camera and going back through the sync process like when you first sycned it to your system.

Log in to your Arlo Account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the affected camera > Remove Device.

After the device is removed. Go through the sync process. Please let us know if you are still having this issue.

JamesC

Urb5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James. That didn't do it.
I removed the camera and started the sync process, but the camera doesn't do anything once I press the sync button.
The only thing it will do is when I open and close the battery door it blinks once and makes a clicking sound
Nothing else.
I've tried it several times now.
Could the camera be bad?
Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Urb5,

This could be a hardware issue. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Alisar
Guide
Guide
I'm having the exact same problem. New batteries in one of 3 cameras (all worked for almost a year) now one says batteries are dead. I put in new batteries and still dead. I tried resetting the camera but now it won't set back up because the blue light flashes once on the camera when trying to sync then it becomes unresponsive and nothing makes any lights flash.
I managed to get it reloaded once today and thought it was back up but the screen went back l battery dead when I know they are brand new batteries and show that way in my other 2 cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alisar,

Have you tried removing this camera from the system entirely and then attempting to sync?

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the affected camera > remove device.

After the device is removed, reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door (be sure the batteries are fresh) and then attempt to sync the camera to the base station.

JamesC

Pslater
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have base station and 5 cameras and have changed batteries many times, now one camera is not working after changing batteries, tried resyncing and still will not work.  I need to get this replaced, help

Alisar
Guide
Guide
I had mine replaced. Call the help desk and they will try to reboot remotely (the call takes awhile so expect to be on hold and on the phone for about 30-45 minutes). If that doesn't work they will send you a replacement with a label and box. You get a new camera and have to return the others within 10 days via the FedEx ground label (not express so limited where you can send from). At least you won't be left without a camera since they send before you return.
Good luck!
cosborn89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My Arlo wireless camera also appears to have stopped working, it is completely unresponsive even with new batteries. My camera is still less than 12 months old.

Can anyone help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Power cycle the base. Open and close battery doors. What happens? What LEDs are on the base?
cosborn89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. After power cycling, the first two lights are green. 

Once I press the sync button the third light flashes green. I don't think it's related to the base, because after putting new batteries into the wireless camera the LED doesn't flash or anything even after pressing the sync button on the camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then it would seem to be a camera issue.  Either swap the system at the store or open a case using Contact Support at the bottom of these desktop version pages.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Jbowker88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. I have two wired indoor cameras and four wireless cameras setup outdoors. One of my cameras suddenly stopped working. I've tried changing the batteries, removing the camera and resyncing but it won't even sync. Please help!
DieselDallas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here, this one worked for months though without a problem but now, not even after removing and re-adding works, blue light keeps blinking till it shuts down.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact support and open a case.

Jackyyeung
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought this today & unable to register account, says Arlo is currently unavailable. What's the issue?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different browser or the app.  There have been a number of recent issues like this - maybe a server issue?

DieselDallas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, cuz I was already trying from the app and it's only 1 out the 4.

EFB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.

I have five cameras installed. One showed a low battery so I changed the battery, It wouldn't come on...so I changed the battery again.

I now have a dead camera.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. Make sure that you don't push the batteries down, let the battery door do the work.
EFB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

Tried that too.

The problem is once the new batteries are in the new camera...no status lights turn on nor does it make that little electronic clicking sound the other cameras made once batteries were installed. The base unit cannot see the device.

It's just lifeless.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Either swap at the store or open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Bad hardware has to be replaced.
Cmckay224
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had my cameras for only a few months and well one of them had just stopped working. It had began to look as though the battery had been dying. And after a few days it shut off completely. Then I had went to charge it and it just wouldn't charge I waited a whole 24 hrs. I then switched out the battery and put a fully charged one inside the camera. It still didn't work and just light up red around the camera lense. Then stayed lite up while flashing blue and yellow in the corner of the camera. It just continued to stay lit and flashing until I took battery out again. I did everything that was posted to do in the comments including taking the battery out and disconnecting the camera. Still nothing
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.