Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera has stopped working

Discussion stats
Callicat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed my system with 3 cameras a few days ago and all was working well. One of my cameras has stopped working. It shows a dead battery. I took the batteries out and reinserted as instructed by other posts on this site. Still not working. I put in new batteries and it still shows dead battery and is unresponsive.

What do I do now?

48 REPLIES 48
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Callicat,

We have opened a Support case for you and we'll reach out to you from there seeking more information. We're looking forward to resolving this issue for you.

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

Callicat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear shipped me a new camera and it is working perfectly. Superior customer service! Thank you.

K-Loader
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar problem here.  Installed two cameras a few days ago.  Both placed outside about 20 foot from each other and about 75’ from the base station.   Yesterday one of the cameras was reporting a very low battery.  Weather has been very mild.  Replaced the batteries and the reported charge is still in the red zone, and the camera won’t display a live image.  Just put another set of new batteries in the camera with the camera indoors and 10 foot from the base station.  Battery power is still reported as almost depleted and won’t stream.  The other camera still reports full battery power.

Please advise.  Both cameras have software 1.12074.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon K-Loader,

This is the first report of this type of issue. I am very interested in learning more about it. It sounds like we should open a technical support case and troubleshoot this issue further and engage our engineering team. If we cannot resolve this issue quickly we can initiate the warranty replacement process promptly.

Thank you for contributing to the Arlo community!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Jam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got the system up and running a couple of days ago and mounted the cameras earlier today. All 4 cameras were working. Later today when I logged in one camera showed a low battery. The camera would not come on. I replaced batteries (orig. batteries tested good) but camera still wouldn't come on. I restarted base station, still wouldn't come on. Camera will not sync - no flashing blue light. Camera is unresponsive and smartphone says it is offline. Other 3 cameras work.
K-Loader
Aspirant
Aspirant

ChristineT wrote:

Good afternoon K-Loader,

This is the first report of this type of issue. I am very interested in learning more about it. It sounds like we should open a technical support case and troubleshoot this issue further and engage our engineering team. If we cannot resolve this issue quickly we can initiate the warranty replacement process promptly.

Thank you for contributing to the Arlo community!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

I’m impressed with the quick response and resolution Netgear, thanks. Christine walked me through some trouble shooting steps on the phone and determined my camera was defective. A replacement is on the way. Great support!

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Jam,

Thank you for reaching out. I will send you a personal message so we can troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing and get your camera back up and running!

I look forward to speaking with you further soon.

Lauren

Arlo Team

MissF
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same problem here. 4 out of 5 cams work. No 5 stopped working after 2 weeks
We replaced the battery. Stopped working again after 2 days...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MissF,

When you say the camera stopped working do you mean the batteries are dead again or is there some kind of error message that the camera is displaying? Please let us know some more information so we can help!

JamesC

MissF
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just can't be connected too. We tried to re sync it multiple times and also reset the base station. We actually replaced the batteries twice. What is odd is that the other 4 cams work perfectly.
Franck0512
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same with my 3 camera system. Was running well for a couple of weeks. All 3 cameras were working. Until last week, one of the cameras went offline and wont restart. I replaced batteries, camera still wouldn't come on. I restarted base station, still wouldn't come on. Camera will not sync - no flashing blue light. Camera is unresponsive and smartphone says it is offline. Other 2 cameras still work fine .
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Trouble ticket time. 

MissF
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just can't connect to it. The other cams are fine.
MissF
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just can't connect to it
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you call to start a trouble ticket?  That's likely the fastest way to resolve your issue since it may be a hardware problem. Otherwise, give us many more details.

MissF
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just can't connect to it.
Karebear91
Initiate
Initiate
My cameras are all synced to base but go to check live stream and they say getting status
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Over the weekend we experienced an outage that may have affected a small number of users. This was resolved a short time after the outage was discovered and we are investigating the root cause. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

Ronmash
Aspirant
Aspirant
My outside camera quit last Wednesday. I thought batteries so I put in a fresh set. Still no response not led lights completely dead. I switched the camera with the inside camera and renamed without any problem. Just so I would have a working camera out back where it is most needed. So what do I do with the dead camera?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Place a trouble ticket? Unless you can get your store to exchange it, your recourse is with Netgear. Start with the ticket since that's the only way you can get it replaced.

Kea1228
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera also stopped working. I rebooted the system and synced the camera again. It just shows white. In current view, position mode-everything. It does not work at all. The past few weeks it has been on the fritz. It went from recording clear 30 second videos to 9 and 3 second choppy unclear videos. I have tried everything and have screen shots to show everything. I could not figure out how to open a new case or complaint on this site. I need help. My camera was purchased in November so it's not even old...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kea1228,

You can contact Arlo support here to open a ticket: http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

If you need any help feel free to reach out to me in a private message. I would be happy to assist.

JamesC

747skys
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a four camera system, purchased about one week ago.  All cameras were working ok, but one has stopped.

I removed the batteries, and installed again, but the camera refuses to sync with the base.

I press the base sync button and the last LED blinks, then I press the button on the camera, while only 2 feet away.

The camera blue LED blinks slowly for about 2 minutes, then it blinks rapidly in yellow and turns off.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the camera in Settings, My Devices?  That may or may not help.

There have been a number of recent comments about a 4th camera having issues syncing.  A factory reset seems to be the fix but a bit of a pain.