Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
CG198
Star
Star

I know this has been covered. I just added two cameras to my five camera system. I have tried everything mentioned the knowledge base. These two cameras will not update. cycled power on cameras, base station. Deactvated base station reactivated it. Reset base station with auto update on. I am hoping they will auto update will work during the night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning CG198,

Thank you for your post and thanks to TomMac for the response as well 🙂 

According to our data center report, all of your camera's are on the same firmware!

We will keep this post in mind when creating new Knowledge Base articles. 

We are all here provide feedback and to help in the best way possible, so please do not hesitate to return to the Community.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

CG198 wrote:

I know this has been covered. I just added two cameras to my five camera system. I have tried everything mentioned the knowledge base. These two cameras will not update. cycled power on cameras, base station. Deactvated base station reactivated it. Reset base station with auto update on. I am hoping they will auto update will work during the night.

Yes.. it's been covered, but one more time won't hurt ! 🙂  You don't metion the current sw versions you have so there's no idea how new they are.

First make sure the 'auto-update' toggle is turned on in the program

Second, take the camera and open the battery door for a few seconds then reclose. DO NOT reopen the door if any leds on the camera front are flashing.

After this, sit back and wait as most updates I've seen come during the night when house-keeping is done on the far end.

hope it helps

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning CG198,

Thank you for your post and thanks to TomMac for the response as well 🙂 

According to our data center report, all of your camera's are on the same firmware!

We will keep this post in mind when creating new Knowledge Base articles. 

We are all here provide feedback and to help in the best way possible, so please do not hesitate to return to the Community.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

CG198
Star
Star
The cameras did finally all update. Thanks for the help. Though I could not force the update. They did update at night a few days later.
weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same issue on July 22, 2015: camera firmware (fw) is not updating:
My current camera (VMC3030) fw version is: 1.2.2545
The newly available camera fw version is: “VZC3010 camera 1.2.2688”.

When I press “update” the following warning appears:
“The upgrade process can take up to 5 minutes. Make sure your device is uninterrupted during the upgrade process. Do you want to upgrade your camera to 1.2.22688?”

After I press “YES” nothing happens.
- No progress report.
- The camera firmware stays at 1.22545.
- After a while, “Settings” reports in red, that a new fw is available.

Thank you for this thread as after reading I know I have to wait a few nights until this fw update is pushed through.

The following questions remain open in my mind:
1) Where are the changes in the fw “VZC3010 camera 1.2.2688” described?
2) Is the fw “VZC3010 camera 1.2.2688” appropriate for my camera hardware VMC3030?
3) Why am I asked to wait 5 min. for the camera fw update to complete while in reality the camera fw update happens later at the time decided by Netgear?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

weft wrote:

I have the same issue on July 22, 2015: camera firmware (fw) is not updating:
My current camera (VMC3030) fw version is: 1.2.2545

snip

Thank you for this thread as after reading I know I have to wait a few nights until this fw update is pushed through.

The following questions remain open in my mind:
1) Where are the changes in the fw “VZC3010 camera 1.2.2688” described?
2) Is the fw “VZC3010 camera 1.2.2688” appropriate for my camera hardware VMC3030?
3) Why am I asked to wait 5 min. for the camera fw update to complete while in reality the camera fw update happens later at the time decided by Netgear?

Make sure the TOGGLE for auto-update is turned on first.  SETTINGS/BASE STATION SETTINGS

Open then close the camera battery door for about ten seconds then reclose ...it should resyc automaticly is close enough ( or you will have to re sync )

( do not reopen the battery door is any front cam leds are flashing )

Once back on line and all well, power down the base via power button ( reboot ) and power back up. It will take about 2 mins to come back online.

As you know, wait ! .. sometime its take 2 days but update usu occurs during the early morning hours when house-keeping from Arlo happens.

As to yr questions;

1) very slight motion detection increase , minor changes

2) Yes, the newer firmware will function fine on a 3010 model ( day only cam ) and 3030 IR cam the same ( 1.2.2688 is the latest release for both cams )

3) have no idea except your in manual update and its unable to update the cam properly

weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank your for your comments, TomMac.

Over the last night my camera updated "automatically" to fw 1.2.2688, which resolved my issue.

My auto-update switch in the base station configuration was always on.
Please note that the camera configuration section does not offer any auto-update switch.

CG198
Star
Star
The system did eventually update and everything is running great.
Emmet200
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cam not adding to my account?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emmet200,

Welcome to the community! Are you saying your camera will not sync to the base station? When you attempt to sync the camera, can you let me know the LED status on the base station and camera (Flashing blue, flashing amber etc). When attempting to sync be sure you press and immediately release the sync button first on the base station followed by the camera. You should see a flashing green camera sync LED on the base station and then a flashing blue light on the camera. If the camera syncs correctly you should see a solid green camera sync LED on the base station and the camera LED will flash blue rapidly and then turn off. Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

Emmet200
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's go blue than Amber than blue. It's not going in my account. I look in my account. I have 5 cams not working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emmet200,

Do you get a flashing green light on the middle(camera sync) LED on the base station before you hit the sync button?

JamesC

Emmet200
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 greens on the base and blue on the cam.

Emmet200
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo was working all right. I don a update its not working now. It's not adding to my account.

JamesC wrote:

Emmet200,

Welcome to the community! Are you saying your camera will not sync to the base station? When you attempt to sync the camera, can you let me know the LED status on the base station and camera (Flashing blue, flashing amber etc). When attempting to sync be sure you press and immediately release the sync button first on the base station followed by the camera. You should see a flashing green camera sync LED on the base station and then a flashing blue light on the camera. If the camera syncs correctly you should see a solid green camera sync LED on the base station and the camera LED will flash blue rapidly and then turn off. Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

Emmet200
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not adding to my account. I have 5 cams in my account. No coming up to see it's working. 

Will I send it back.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emmet200,

If you log in to your account and navigate to Settings -> Base Station Settings does your base station serial number show up? What do you see here?

JamesC

Emmet200
Aspirant
Aspirant

No numbers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emmet200,

Okay please perform the following steps:

1. Perform a 2 button factory reset of the base station. Hold the red reset button on the back of the base station and the sync button on the side of the base station down until all LEDs on the base station flash amber.

2. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED.

3. Log into your account and navigate to Settings and then to Subscription, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add a Base Station. (The device you are using to add the base station back to your account must be on the same network as the base station).

4. The base station serial number will populate, select your time zone and click Continue.

5. After the base station is added back to the account individually sync each camera following the steps I provided in my earlier post.

Please let me know if you have any questions with this process!

JamesC

Emmet200
Aspirant
Aspirant

The reset thing is in its push in. What I do now?

JamesC wrote:

Emmet200,

Okay please perform the following steps:

1. Perform a 2 button factory reset of the base station. Hold the red reset button on the back of the base station and the sync button on the side of the base station down until all LEDs on the base station flash amber.

2. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED.

3. Log into your account and navigate to Settings and then to Subscription, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add a Base Station. (The device you are using to add the base station back to your account must be on the same network as the base station).

4. The base station serial number will populate, select your time zone and click Continue.

5. After the base station is added back to the account individually sync each camera following the steps I provided in my earlier post.

Please let me know if you have any questions with this process!

JamesC

Emmet200
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

scotNEV
Initiate
Initiate

i have just been through this issue with a set i recently purchased from harvey norman.

I went to Live chat support and this is a copy of it.... 

still no resolve, but for anyone needing to know.. hopefully this can be of some use.

11/8/2015 Live Assistance
https://kb.netgear.com/app/chat/chat_landing/first_name/SCOTT/email/(BLOCKED OUT FOR PRIVACY) cat/16... 1/4
Kathleen Herschel: Thank you for choosing NETGEAR.
Kathleen Herschel: My name is Kathy with Expert ID 46476. How may I assist you
today?
SCOTT: Hi there, I am having a lot of trouble with my camera setup. i have read all the
posts in the community forum on firmware upgrades, and followed to the letter, but still no
success
Kathleen Herschel: May I please have the Serial Number of your Arlo system's base
station?
SCOTT: can you please tell me what the current firmwares are for the base and
cameras, and if there is a way to manually upgrade the firmware please?
SCOTT: yes, give me a second
Kathleen Herschel: Sure.
SCOTT: 48D2547LA0703
SCOTT: would that be it?
Kathleen Herschel: Thank you.
SCOTT: Version 1.10.5.708_10299
Released 10/08/15
SCOTT: if thats any help also
Kathleen Herschel: Yes. What we will do is proceed with the steps to reset the base
station.
SCOTT: i have done that several times
Kathleen Herschel: By the way the current firmware is FW Version: 1.6.0_3643.
SCOTT: i am a pc tech by trade
SCOTT: ok but what is the current fw release for the cameras
Kathleen Herschel: Camera is 1.2.2688.
SCOTT: my base is up to date....but i believe the cameras are not
Kathleen Herschel: The update will be done automatically once the system is setup.
Kathleen Herschel: Please follow the steps provided below:
SCOTT: cameras are still all on 1.1.2074
Kathleen Herschel:
To Factory Reset your Base Station
1. Locate the factory reset button on your base station (located directly to the left of the
power button on the back of the base station).
2. Using a paperclip, press and hold the factory reset button.
3. Then while continuing to press the factory reset button, press and hold the WPS button
on the side of the base station.
4. Continue to press and hold both buttons until you see all 5 LEDs on the front of the
base station blinking orange (approximately 10 seconds).
5. Your base station will then power cycle. Completion of the power cycle will be
indicated by the 2 left most LEDs turning to solid green. This process may take up to 5
minutes.
6. Once back online, the settings will be restored to “factory default”.
SCOTT: i have followed that proceedure several times.. and i have given it up to a
week in between each reset
Kathleen Herschel: May I know where did you purchase the system, Scott?
SCOTT: Harvey norman
https://kb.netgear.com/app/chat/chat_landing/first_name/SCOTT/email/(BLOCKED OUT FOR PRIVACY)/cat/1675/flang/en 2/4
SCOTT: in warrnambool victoria
Kathleen Herschel: Please make sure to follow all the steps provided above to hard
reset the base station.
Kathleen Herschel: You may have just soft reset the base station.
SCOTT: NO>>> I HAVE FOLLOWED YOUR PROCEEDURE SEVERAL TIMES... as a
tech, i do believe i know the difference between a soft and a hard reset
SCOTT: forgive my caps, however i did state earlier that i am a tech
SCOTT: forget it,,, im going to return them and buy a hard wired set
SCOTT: this is rediculous
SCOTT: i think i may also post this in the forums where it seems there are multiple
users with the exact same issues, also with no resolve!!!
SCOTT: so unless you have any further suggestions, i bid you farewell.
Kathleen Herschel: I understand and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused
you, Scott. As I checked, the system has not yet detected the Serial Number of your
device. We will proceed with the steps again to make sure the base station is reset
properly.
SCOTT: i did that just this morning
SCOTT: must be the 10th time now
Kathleen Herschel: While you have me on the line it will be better to proceed with the
steps this is as well for documentary purposes making sure that all steps are followed.
SCOTT: NETGEAR / ARLO "NEEDS" to develop a direct flash tool or firmware upgrade
tool so as users can do this manually!!!
SCOTT: fine....... hold on and ill do this YET again
Kathleen Herschel: Please make sure to hold the reset button and the sync button on
the side panel of the base station at the same time until all LED will turn amber/orange.
Kathleen Herschel: When the LED on the front panel will blink you may release the
reset and sync then allow the system to reboot.
Kathleen Herschel: Please let me know when the power and Internet LED will turn solid
green.
SCOTT: its a long walk
SCOTT: and i didnt wait for that
SCOTT: the email assosiated with it is (BLOCKED OUT FOR PRIVACY)not mine
SCOTT: this is my mother in law
Kathleen Herschel: For security purpose can you as well verify the Name on the
account?
SCOTT: Lorraine Frewin
Kathleen Herschel: Thank you. As I checked, the system is already register to her.
Kindly login to her account.
SCOTT: yes i am in
Kathleen Herschel: This time please go to Settings tab.
SCOTT: it is still saying that the base station is not connected
Kathleen Herschel: On the left hand menu click on Subscription.
SCOTT: yes
Kathleen Herschel: On the center page, scroll below and on "Connected" do you see 1
or 0?
SCOTT: 1
Kathleen Herschel: We will powercycle the base station.
https://kb.netgear.com/app/chat/chat_landing/first_name/SCOTT/email/(BLOCKED OUT FOR PRIVACY)/cat/1675/flang/en 3/4
SCOTT: from the UI or from the base
Kathleen Herschel: From the base please, unplug and replug the power cable. Please
let me know what are the icons lit on the base station after the powercycle.
SCOTT: it always does take a long time to come online.. should we not wait a few more
minutes?
Kathleen Herschel: Sure.
Kathleen Herschel: While waiting, still under Settings, please click on Base station
Settings.
Kathleen Herschel: On the center page, do you see the "Auto Update FW" toggle
button in green?
SCOTT: yes.. i have also done what you are about to say
SCOTT: i have disabled, saved rebooted and then re enabled it... still the same result
Kathleen Herschel: Okay. Please click on Deactivate.
SCOTT: ok have done
SCOTT: i admit this is one thing i have not done before
Kathleen Herschel: Please go back to Subscription.
SCOTT: yes
Kathleen Herschel: On the "Connected"do you see 1 or 0?
SCOTT: i see 0
Kathleen Herschel: Thank you. Please click on "Add a Base station".
SCOTT: There is no timezone option for melbourne... i would assume sydney is suffice
as it has the same timezone?
Kathleen Herschel: Did it not automatically select the timezone?
SCOTT: i used sydney and it now shows 1 connected
Kathleen Herschel: Okay.
SCOTT: no it did not auto select
Kathleen Herschel: Please go to camera order.
Kathleen Herschel: This is still under Settings tab.
Kathleen Herschel: If you are able to see the cameras, please remove them from the
list.
File attachment upload has started.
The file arlo.jpg (77.88KB) was received.
SCOTT: it displays the camera order page however it is completely blank
Kathleen Herschel: Okay. Please open the battery compartment on all cameras you
want to connect.
SCOTT: i have tried refreshing bit still no change
Kathleen Herschel: Leave them open and we will connect them one by one.
Kathleen Herschel: This means that there are no cameras are currently connected/
SCOTT: really? far out ill be fit by the time this is over...... i have done this several times
now
SCOTT: frankly im tired of it.. i have a badly damaged pelvis and cant be running
around like this
File attachment upload has started.
The file my pelvis.jpg (718.82KB) was received.
SCOTT: just so you know im not kidding you
Kathleen Herschel: Since we have reset the base station we need to resync the
cameras to the base station. I suggest you leave them within the base station's location
https://kb.netgear.com/app/chat/chat_landing/first_name/SCOTT/email/(BLOCKED OUT FOR PRIVACY)/cat/1675/flang/en 4/4
overnight so that the camera's firmware will be updated.
Kathleen Herschel: How far are the cameras from the base station?
SCOTT: close, however the comuter is not near the base... in a different building,
because the nbn had to be installed in a lower location
SCOTT: nevermind.. i have had enough.. i have done all of this before, with the
exception of deactivating
the account
Kathleen Herschel: Have you also tried changing the batteries on the cameras?
SCOTT: i have made up my mind, and that is that... as a product from a reputable
company, and from a reputable reseller... should NOT have these sort of implications
SCOTT: i have new batteries installed... but like so many others,, they are not reporting
correctly
SCOTT: Thankyou for your time Kathleen, but i am done...
SCOTT: i will however post this in the forums so others may see what the go is thus far.
Kathleen Herschel: I understand, Scott. Thank you so much for your time as well. I will
leave this case open in case so that when you get back to us the next Expert what are the
steps that has been done.
SCOTT: it is very obvious that netgear do not have a solution for the issue....instead
they just go through all the troubleshooting that they already know does not rectify the
issue!!!
SCOTT: please netgear... GET ONTO CREATING A SOLUTION AND POST IT IN THE
FORUMS
Kathleen Herschel: The reason why we need to proceed with all the steps is to further
isolate the case. Since we have reset the base station we need to check on the cameras
as well. But we always value our customer's opinion. This will be noted and everything will
be documented, Scott.
SCOTT: along with an availablw firmware section within the website... we shouldnt
have to go to support to find this out.

Blakesteele
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't see any toggle for auto updates... my two cameras have been saying firmware update available for the two weeks I've had them..kind of irritating! They record the motion detection videos,but I can't watch live...they also go offline all the time..what's the deal? Getting fed up
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a poor connection between the base and cameras as well as battery level.  Bring one or both cameras near the base overnight and see if that helps.  A poor connection could also explain the offline issue.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Blakesteele wrote:
I don't see any toggle for auto updates... my two cameras have been saying firmware update available for the two weeks I've had them..kind of irritating! They record the motion detection videos,but I can't watch live...they also go offline all the time..what's the deal? Getting fed up

The thread you just read was ( above your post ) dated  2015-11-07 10:34 PM - edited ‎2015-11-07 10:37 PM, almost a year old.

The toggle for updates was remove back in late Dec-2015

As to sw updates, as mentioned , make sure the batteries are more than 30% and the cameras have a good signal which could impeed updates. Updates do happen during the early morning when housekeeping is done on Netgears side.

Also there was an annoucnement yesterday re sw;

Attention Arlo Customers,

We wanted to let you know that an automatic firmware update will be released tonight to your Arlo Wire-Free cameras and the base station(s) to bring through our latest security enhancements.

To ensure the firmware update completes successfully, we strongly recommend you to make sure your wire-free camera(s) are:

• NOT in a low battery state (15% or less of battery life remaining)

- You can tell that your camera is on low battery if the color of the battery icon located on top of the camera view in your Arlo app is orange.

• NOT Powered off with no batteries or dead batteries

If after the firmware update your camera is "unavailable" please insert a fresh set of batteries and re-sync the camera(s) with the Arlo base station in order for them to function following this update. For more information please visit My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?.

Thank you for choosing Arlo! 

ChristineT

Community Manager

MattF321
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,i have recently done the latest up date,and my systerm isnt recording,i am receiving notifications but when i go in to my app their is no records in my library,can any one help with this.