Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
P2P2
Aspirant
Aspirant
This morning someone tried to steal a cooler from my front porch. Thankfully the water in it made it too heavy to grab. I have one camera on the front door and one on the driveway. Neither camera recorded anything. I assume they were offline but wondered if there is a trick someone could use to keep them from recording.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The exact path and speed of movement could be the issue. If you can figure out how the person moved you can test it yourself. It may be useful to increase the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules as well as verify that motion pretty much has to be across the FOV and not at the camera(s)/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The exact path and speed of movement could be the issue. If you can figure out how the person moved you can test it yourself. It may be useful to increase the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules as well as verify that motion pretty much has to be across the FOV and not at the camera(s)/

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, the Arlo HD only really senses people out to about 20ft max...

so the person must be in the range of the PIR

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
P2P2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your help. I will increase the motion sensitivity to see if that helps.
EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

The motion sensing characteristics drives me crazy sometimes. At times the camera will refuse to sense the movement of the UPS delivery person walking 10-feet from the camera yet it reliably senses the motion of my neighbors car over 100 feet away.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that a vehicle reflects a lot of thew sun's IR which is a much bigger source than a human. Even engine heat can cause this.

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

That's a good point. I didn't think of that.