Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After recent update, battery levels reported by Arlo app doesn't seem to be accurate?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

I noticed that after a recent update, the battery levels reported by the APP seem to not be as accurate as they were previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying about that. For the battery icon showing on the image you provided is the level between 26-50%. To learn more about the battery icons, see here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi EOSJOE,

Is the battery also showing inaccurately on the web client on your computer?

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, the web client is what I use the most. My initial comment may have been misleading. What seems to have changed since a recent software update is the actual battery percentage as compared with the little bar graph that is displayed.

At the moment I have two cameras on which the battery utility is reporting 30% and 31%. But the little bar graph is clearly at the half-way mark indicating 50%.  I admit this is a minor quibble but the bar graph is what I see every time I log in and prior to a recent update the bar graph more closely represented the actual battery remaining percentage.

Below are the images I am seeing.

Arlo_battery.jpg

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying about that. For the battery icon showing on the image you provided is the level between 26-50%. To learn more about the battery icons, see here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for that battery icon information. I don't think I had seen that before. I must have always been noticing the level when it got below 25%. It's comforting knowing everything is working. I usually wait until I get notification that the battery needs changing to actually change the battery. I have two cameras that are in very high traffic areas which of course causes the battery level to drop faster than others.