Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

I noticed that after a recent update, the battery levels reported by the APP seem to not be as accurate as they were previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying about that. For the battery icon showing on the image you provided is the level between 26-50%. To learn more about the battery icons, see here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi EOSJOE,

Is the battery also showing inaccurately on the web client on your computer?

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, the web client is what I use the most. My initial comment may have been misleading. What seems to have changed since a recent software update is the actual battery percentage as compared with the little bar graph that is displayed.

At the moment I have two cameras on which the battery utility is reporting 30% and 31%. But the little bar graph is clearly at the half-way mark indicating 50%.  I admit this is a minor quibble but the bar graph is what I see every time I log in and prior to a recent update the bar graph more closely represented the actual battery remaining percentage.

Below are the images I am seeing.

Arlo_battery.jpg

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying about that. For the battery icon showing on the image you provided is the level between 26-50%. To learn more about the battery icons, see here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for that battery icon information. I don't think I had seen that before. I must have always been noticing the level when it got below 25%. It's comforting knowing everything is working. I usually wait until I get notification that the battery needs changing to actually change the battery. I have two cameras that are in very high traffic areas which of course causes the battery level to drop faster than others.