Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Sa9aX11
Guide
Guide

I see the camera is broadcasting an SSID (Wireless) name, but I can't access to it?

Does the camera have a built in web portal?

Sal

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No one has found anything so far trying to access the Arlo internals.  Maybe it's ultimately possible but that would defeat the purpose of being secure.

CaptainDork
Apprentice
Apprentice

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Base Stations are broadcasting an SSID -- not the cameras themselves.

I like that feature because I can tell if one goes MIA.

Accessing the SSID causes a request for a password. Arlo assures us there is no password.

I threw what I have at it, but I can't get in the easy ways.

Another curiosity is the two (2) USB ports on the back of the Base Stations. Arlo says these are for possible "future use."

They make good iPhone chargers and I have some other experiments to run.

Sa9aX11
Guide
Guide

I don't have Arlo base station I have a R7000 router. I am trying to say that my mobile WIFI Networks is showing Arlo SSID has "NETGEAR22-arlo_XXXXXX" and its secured but I can't access because it needs a password.

My router shows on the "Attached Devices" page it has no SSID name, has a local IP address and a device name "VMC3030-XXXXX".

Sal

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically, the Arlo wireless system requires its own, private WiFi setup. I don't know how they do this with the R7000 - just create two SSIDs with one for Arlo or a dedicated antenna/hardware.  You'll never have access to the Arlo part unless you're a good hacker.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I was able to access one base , prob by luck, freak accident, etc..

I can say tho i was able to lock into the base with my Ipad wifi and be onlne, there was not much I could do ( no didn't try more than basics for about 30 mins  ).

It is my understanding the system doesn't have full electronics to support some of the needed functions as a normal wifi router.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
CaptainDork
Apprentice
Apprentice

You took screen shots, right?

Would you share those, please?

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, no screens shots... nothing to more than as when you try to log in via say Ipad, it asks for the password..  The pw was tried by a couple others and they couldn't use it so it wasn't a common thing.  I am still able to log into the base with any wifi unit ( and unit shows as on a network ) but it doesn't lead anywhere.

There is no talking between a normal wifi device and the base even tho logged on.

Morse is faster than texting!