Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

setting mode

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mikefocker
Follower
Follower
Latest updat, I don't like. Expect more for the price of cameras not to mention battery replacement.

Cannot seem to set only my outside 3 cameras to record. Mode only allows for two and the option to record or do nothing. Wouldn't be selecting the camera if I expected nothing.

Won't even start with how confusing the motion dection is to interpret. Picks up window glares but no mail person....smh
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Mikefocker wrote:

Cannot seem to set only my outside 3 cameras to record. Mode only allows for two and the option to record or do nothing. Wouldn't be selecting the camera if I expected nothing.

You by default get 2 main MODES ...ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off )
The whole basis to get cameras to do what you want is to create/add new MODES. You can pick the cameras you want to and do diff record times/ emails ,etc
Read this ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-and-define-Modes-amp-Rules/ta-p...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mikefocker wrote:

Won't even start with how confusing the motion dection is to interpret. Picks up window glares but no mail person....smh

What are you using to set up your modes?  I have an open ticket on the Android app having problems adding additional cameras.  The web interface works fine. The option issue is so you can use the camera to detect motion and trigger another camera to start recording. 

Motion detection is all about position and angle, trial and error. Many folks with detection issues don't have the cameras properly aimed to maximize detection which is optimal when motion is across the FOV, not directly at the camera, and is detected near the edges, not the center.  Too much scene is the usual culprit.  Perhaps a screenshot of your camera positioning would be useful for suggestions.