Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Zones for arlo wireless system?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mikel1955
Follower
Follower

I have a 7 camera system.  When i am at home, i would like to have 3 cameras record when motion detected outside of my home, and all cameras record  motion detected when i am out of town. I am having trouble figuring out how to accomplish this with the software.  any suggestions???

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mikel1955 wrote:

I have a 7 camera system.  When i am at home, i would like to have 3 cameras record when motion detected outside of my home, and all cameras record  motion detected when i am out of town. I am having trouble figuring out how to accomplish this with the software.  any suggestions???

You must set up 1 new MODE over the default of ARMED (all on )

ARMED will turn on ALL your  7 cameras.

Set up a new mode call OUTSIDE, and activate/add only those 3 cameras ... then turn on that mode when wanted

see; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-and-define-Modes-amp-Rules/ta-p...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all about the modes and schedule.  Create as many modes as you need with each one for a specific purpose.  Add as many cameras as you want to the mode and configure as desired.  Now that your modes are set, add them to your schedule so the cameras are operating as you want.  The only trick is that you can't wrap around midnight - you have to start at midnight and end at some time.  Schedule the mode again at some start time, ending at midnight.  Use the chart of the schedule as a guide - it starts at midnight and ends at midnight.