Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
bmlyons34
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an arlo camera system, but I can not pull up the live feed on my computer.  Each time it says the "request has timed out".  I can get the feed on my phone app but not my desktop computer.  Any suggesions on how to fix?

7 REPLIES 7
manfredz
Hero
Hero

What browser are you using?  Have you tried a different browser?

bmlyons34
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the lastest version of Firefox and have tried IE as well.  Same problem with both.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmlyon34s,

If you are able to live stream on your mobile device but not your computer, it sounds like something on the computer could be blocking the connection. Are you running any security software (Bitdefender)? If so, consider temporarily disabling any you may have and try again to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Sherwhy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also getting, "The request has timed out" message on one of my cameras that I have had for over a year.  It had been working just fine.  I didn't recently change the batteries or update any software.  (there are no new updates)  I've removed it, resynced it and reset the base. I also removed all cameras and the base then added them back.  Nothing has worked.  

*It's not the strength of the internet, I have a camera even further from my base that is working perfectly.  

*There's no interference.

* The camera will detect motion and send me an alert to my phone but WILL NOT record anything.  

*The running man turns yellow for a couple seconds but then goes to black again.  Is there a fix for this issue?

Not sure of the model# VMA1000?

Firmware 1.2.10342

MacOS Sierra

Thanks for your help ~

eelpout
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem with some of my Arlo Pro cameras now. They all worked fine in their original positions outside for about 7-8 months until just recently. Now they are very erratic in when they will connect. Some are showing a full network signal too. If I bring them inside and keep them only a few rooms away from the base station they'll be fine.  It's almost as if one of the recent firmware updates tightened up the useable range, as these are the cameras furthest from the base. 

Sherwhy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I forgot to add that even if the camera is right next to the base station it's still not working correctly.  Is there a solution to this issue?  Is Netgear aware of the problem?  

Thanks again,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hardware problems can only be resolved by opening a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.