Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery lasting 1 day

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Asnsurfnut
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 cameras and just replaced all the batteries couple weeks ago. 2 of the three cameras will be completely dead within 24 hours.. I moved the cameras around, removed them and reinstalled, and a few other things the live chat person told me to do. I have gone through 3 sets of batteries trying to fix the problem, please help. Also been working fine for over a year never had a problem after replacing batteries.. and the cameras aren’t even armed when this happens.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that the batteries are dead using a voltmeter. Fresh should read ~3.2v, dead ~2.75v.

What are the LEDs on the base showing over time? If the Camera LED show amber, there's a weak signal.  Since you have various cameras doing this, the base could have a bad WiFi section or there's something near the base that's interfering with the signal.

Asnsurfnut
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. I have put the battery in the working camera and they are indeed dead, so they are being drained. The base is flashing green. I have made sure I have the current firware or update per the chat persons instructions. What else could it possibly be? Its getting expensive testing because of all the expensive batteries i have to buy lol. 

Asnsurfnut
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Verify that the batteries are dead using a voltmeter. Fresh should read ~3.2v, dead ~2.75v.

What are the LEDs on the base showing over time? If the Camera LED show amber, there's a weak signal.  Since you have various cameras doing this, the base could have a bad WiFi section or there's something near the base that's interfering with the signal.

Thank you for the reply. I have put the battery in the working camera and they are indeed dead, so they are being drained. The base is flashing green. I have made sure I have the current firware or update per the chat persons instructions. What else could it possibly be? Its getting expensive testing because of all the expensive batteries i have to buy lol. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You must open a case for any hardware failure. These forums can only suggest possible solutions but can't get you a replacement.