Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
pattireiss
Follower
Follower
Wire free cameras.

I changed the batteries in my cameras. One now says off-line that was performing. And the camera that needed new batteries has not come back. I have reset and synced.

Why are the cameras not cooperating?
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try restarting the base to see if that helps.  Also, are they capturing videos, just not showing as online in the Cameras tab?  Try a browser, too.

KCotton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. I replaced the batteries in four of my cameras but none have come back online in the Arlo app. I tried resetting the device and I have opened the battery door repeatedly on the cameras with no success. Is there a way to reboot the device via software?
KCotton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Found the software reboot command on the about screen, rebooted device, still no connection to cameras. Cameras will flash blue then yellow for a while if I push the connect button, but then they go dark like the working cameras.
Redrocr
Guide
Guide

Having battery issue as well- we switched over to rechargables, worked great for months.. needed to recharge one set- fully charged them today, then went to turn on- blue light is showing in camera, but on my device ( iphone) icon still showing dead battery, and obviously is not recording anything when turned on motion... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

KCotton wrote:
Found the software reboot command on the about screen, rebooted device, still no connection to cameras. Cameras will flash blue then yellow for a while if I push the connect button, but then they go dark like the working cameras.

Make sure you're only pressing the base sync button briefly (<1 second).

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Redrocr wrote:

Having battery issue as well- we switched over to rechargables, worked great for months.. needed to recharge one set- fully charged them today, then went to turn on- blue light is showing in camera, but on my device ( iphone) icon still showing dead battery, and obviously is not recording anything when turned on motion... 

Don't forget to clear the cache on the iOS app just in case...( phone settings/app )

If no change, then go to Arlo settings, REMOVE DEVICE ( camera causing trouble ), Open/close battery door on camera, Reboot Arlo base via the power button, then Bring the camera back into the system as if new ( re-sync again, remember, sync button on arlo base quick push - don't hold )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KCotton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was finally able to sync all of the cameras, but only by taking each one down from its mount, most of which were mounted high to make them hard to remove, taking it to the base, pressing the sync button on the base and the camera, and wait for it to sync.  Then I had to go and remount each camera.  This was new.  The first couple of times I changed the batteries, the cameras would sync with the base with no further input from me.  I just put in the new batteries and returned the camera to its mount.  I hope this new procedure does not become the norm.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KCotton,

It sounds like you may have run into this issue due to your cameras failing to update to the most recent firmware. This isn't a process you should normally have to complete when changing batteries.

For more information on this, see here: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

JamesC