Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station won't connect to the internet

Discussion stats
nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

My arlo system was working perfectly up till this morning, when all of a sudden the netgear receiver decided it wasn't going to connect to the internet. I have tried absolutely everything that is in the forums. And its still doing it. I even went out and bought a new base station just now, and it does exactly the same thing, will not connect to the internet.

This is an absolute joke. Its not my end, so what is happening on netgears end? My internet connection is working well, all my other computers and tvs in the house connect to the internet just fine, i have tried different cables, i have tried resetting, i even deactivated the base station to try that, but of course, now i can't reactivate it cause it won't see the internet.

Fix this problem, its a joke

46 REPLIES 46
vilmont1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good morning my base dosn't conect to the internet. I call soport and the told me to chanche the setings on the rauter and open a 80 somthing port. It stil dosn's work. Any suggestions??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ports 80 and 443 need to be open for Arlo to work. This could be blocked by your router or software firewall/antivirus on the computer. Can you connect with a mobile device?  Can you connect to the web UI at all?  If so, does it give you a base station isn't connected error (or similar)? Try logging out and back into Arlo.

Bfrykberg
Aspirant
Aspirant
The base unit will not connect to the internet I have changed the cable I have tried to reset the base but it won't reset .. I pressed the reset button and the pair button together for 15-30 seconds and no reset.... the base will connect when I plug the main cable that goes directly into the wireless router... any ideas?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You're trying to use the old method for the reset. Use only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and try again.
Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo system was working perfectly up till this morning, when all of a sudden the netgear receiver decided it wasn't going to connect to the internet.

My internet connection is working well, all my other computers and tvs in the house connect to the internet just fine, i have tried different cables, i have tried resetting, i even deactivated the base station to try that, but of course, not working. Please help.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Been working fine for last 3 months, this morning second light, the internet light is orage.  rebooted base station, no change.  rebooted modem/router no change.  After about 10 min internet light went green for about 30 sec, then orange again.

Am wondering if there was a firmware update overnight for the base station because in another thread some apparently had a higher firmware than I had and that was supposed to be the current one.

Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this problem the day before. How you fixed it?
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Definitely something going on.  All 3 lights on base station green but trying to log in to site gets message "We're sorry Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

Suggest sitting back and waiting.  Problems apparently aren't at local level and higher ups working on it

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Ok. All back to normal here, then orange internet light then green, now amber again.  And yes, there was a base station firmware update.

Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't think it is my problem. Mine always said the internet not connect but it works perfectly fine with my other devices. I have the same problem 2 days ago. It's work again when I reboot few times the base station; but today not working. Any idea to fix it?
Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant
My station version is
2.3.2.801_16324
Is it the latest version?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That isn't the base firmware version.  Use Settings, My Devices, your base, Device Info. Compare using the Release Notes forum here.

http://downdetector.com/status/aws-amazon-web-services/map/ shows AWS having issues.

Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant
My device firmware is VMB3010r2. is it the latest?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right church, wrong pew.  You posted the hardware version.  AT the bottom of that secttion is a listing of the firmware.  Mine is 1.8.9.0_11528.

Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is 2.3.2.801_16324
Do I need to upgrade? The base station still cannot connect to internet. I have tried to reboot everything.
Ldunc8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agree I just got these two weeks ago, and I will return and go hard wired if not fixed soon.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Fymirene wrote:
Mine is 2.3.2.801_16324
Do I need to upgrade? The base station still cannot connect to internet. I have tried to reboot everything.

I think you're still telling me the APP version.  No base firmware is above v1.8x.

My system seems to have settled down now - the server issue seems to be resolved although it may be just at the times I happen to check.

Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant
I go into the device info of the base station. It said VMB3019r2 and then the serial no. Where I can find the v1.xxx number.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Log out and back in.  Are you using the app or browser?  Try the other to see if it's a display issue with the one you're using.

Fymirene
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using the app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a browser, too.  Also, try power cycling the base, just in case.