Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

galevelasco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted it because one of the cameras would not connect. The base station shows a solid amber light. I reset my router and Arlo multiple times. Any more ideas why it won't connect? Thanks

429 REPLIES 429
manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

It worked well for 8 week and its a great set up, i have 5 cameras now and will get 2 more, once the Base is fixed and up and running again, these things happen,the product is very good when working.

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same problem.
My Arlo worked fine then base station could not connect to cameras so I tried resetting the base station, reset base station to factory settings, deactivating the base station but it won't connect to the Internet and the Internet LED light remains Amber.
Can someone help me as I've run out of ideas to fix the issue.

My internet connection is working fine - I'm writing this post via my home wifi network.
manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

Nick

i tried for 6 hours, i tried everything new cables, every channel on my modem and on and on, the Base station is locked out,

FULL STOP, they have a bug in there chip, base station needs to be sent back, but dont expect quick service, i am still waiting for a reply;

NETGEAR is great stuff, there service SUCKS bIg time, very slow returning confirmation emails, i am expecting 3- 4 weeks for a NEW Base station which there tech guys said is STUFFED.

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

i contacted Arlo again by chat and at last a confirmation e-mail noting my problem, but they cant tell me what the problem is,

they told me there are many with the same problem, i advise people not to purchase a Arlo camera system until they get this fixed, there is a bug in the firmware, there are many with the same problem, and it could be months until they get it fixed, so no camera security for now, this sucks. only had it 7 weeks, and they dont know what the problem is with the base station.

Scott20298
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also now have the same issue, solid amber light with no connection. I have tried all trouble shooting noted above with no success. My system has been running for ~30days 

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Scott20298,

If Internet LED is solid amber, this means the base station is connected to the router but not getting on the Internet.

Makse sure the router is online and computer connected to it via LAN cable is getting online. Please try restarting the base station. If same problem, try resetting the base station. Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure. 

If same problem, please contact our support line. Click here for support options.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Scott20298
Aspirant
Aspirant
It has now been escalated with support, still not working.
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
Scott - I'm the same. Even took the base station to the store to have it replaced but still no resolution to the amber internet connectivity light!
Something's gone wrong AND the issue IS NOT my router. Everything else connected to my router works.
Waiting on an answer from tech support (case #25430409) for days now.
manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

i have tried evey reset test you can think of, but still have a solid amber light and no connection, still waiting on tech supoport to come up with a answer 5 days still no Answer or replacement of Base Station.

if i dont get any replacment i will be contacting fair trading here in Australia, for a full refund from Arlo Netgear;

This is not good enough $1000 oulay and still no Answer or Replacement.

The Netgear tech Guy who had A look at my Base Station agrees its a  bASE STATION LOCK out and needs Replacemnet with the latest upgraded Base station.

Scott20298
Aspirant
Aspirant
Out of interest are you iinet? I received an email mentioning them.
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am with iiNet but I don't believe it's anything to do with the ISP or router as I've got internet connectivity (I'm writing this using my iiNet connection) and I've swapped routers.

ManilaBoy - I've swapped my basestation with the local retailer (JB HiFi) but still same issue.

fingers54
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo worked for about three weeks, then yesterday the internet light went orange. I have tried everything I can imagine. Turning off, changing cables, reset button, deactivate. I am so over it!!!

Rocky-1
Guide
Guide
Same for me been running well for 8 weeks yesterday wont connect to internet , wasted many hours , internet perfect for everything , no changes to any router , been on hould fo 90 mins to support , nothing but some dreary advertorial despite " we will be with you shorty " obviously some major outage at Arlo , administrators please clarify this so we all dont waste our precious time ..
My location Adelaide ISP internode ( iinet ).
Dee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my arlo for 4 weeks and yesterday went offline. I have changed ethernet cable, done all the resets, deactavated base station and still wont connect. VERY FUSTRATED

Location Kalgoorlie WA ISP iinet

Rocky-1
Guide
Guide

As Arlo support looks AWOL , seems a common trait that we are all are on iinet or internode   , are there any aussie users out there on other ISP's where system is still working ?

First call to ISP support suggested Arlo had been "Hacked" , anyone have any more info ?

Has anyone contacted Iinet and if so what  was the reply ?

Coime on Arlo support wake up and communicate with your users !!!!

nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

Totally agree, the outlay is through the roof, and for a problem to magically appear overnight, its crap. I will be doing the same thing, contacting fair trading in australia, if this issue is not resolved. It is a problem on their end not ours

nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo had been hacked? interesting, do you have anymore information?

I too am in iinet, and up till this morning, have absolutely no issues whatsoever with my arlo system

Rocky-1
Guide
Guide

No was suggested by ISP support ,  something may be wrong with Internode , trying to get on to them and 40 min Q , (unheard of for them) , anyone got on to iinet yet ?

Cant see anything on whirlpool ? Maybe a call to Ben Grubb at The Australian newspaper may help ?

Im extra peeved as have a 38 week pregnant wife and was relying on cameras for not just security but safety , now not leaving house .!

Regards

Rocky

nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hear you there, i have the cameras for the safety of my daughter and myself..... for reasons i shouldn't mention here..... and this morning, nothing, it is an absolute joke. I relied on those cameras ALOT..... and now lets say around 1300 dollars down the tube, cause of some stupid error on their end. and it is their end, as nothing has been changed on my end at all..... no setting were altered, nothing was plugged in or unplugged, its exactly the same setup as it has been all along......

so it MUST be their end.

I will get onto iinet soon and ask a few questions

nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

mboucher87
Guide
Guide

I am also with iiNet... seems like a bit of a coincidence that quite are few of us are with iiNet/Internode?

adz82
Tutor
Tutor

Internode here on NBN, so it's not my upload. It's got DHCP from the router, ports are open to it and have been through every reset option listed here. 

Has anyone had any luck with a replacement yet? or should we just all band together and launch a class action

nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

I went and bought a new base station this morning to make sure it wan't the base unit itself. and surprise surprise, it did exacty the same thing straight out of the box.

Seeming support doesn't really want to help, as i have not heard a thing since i requested support, looks like it will have to be a band together to get soemthing done.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the total money spent on the system i have now is around $1300....  and im a paid subscriber to arlo as well, to say the least, after this incident, if they don't fix it immediately, i will be taking action against them..... so ill stand with you should it come to that.

I have contacted my isp also, which is iinet, and my line is running perfectly, with adequate speed required for arlo, as i said earlier, all was fine till this morning, so its something they have done. Its really pathetic to be honest..

I am contacting fair trading now, so  be interesting to see what they say

nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

IS ANYONE FROM ARLO ACTUALLY READING THESE POSTS!!!?? DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS,  ITS OBVIOUSLY A PROBLEM ON YOUR END..... WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT ISN'T BROKEN....

OH AND TRY KEEPING PEOPLE INFORMED OF THINGS, THIS IS PATHETIC

Rocky-1
Guide
Guide
Just got off phone to Internode , nothing should be blocked from their side and as it is an unsupported product cant really do much more without specifics such as port to be forwarded , arlo ip address etc ( bit beyond me ) .
Looks like we are stuffed until Arlo bother to read the forum ?