Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

galevelasco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted it because one of the cameras would not connect. The base station shows a solid amber light. I reset my router and Arlo multiple times. Any more ideas why it won't connect? Thanks

429 REPLIES 429
BrianD
Arlo Employee Retired

@sporty2k: I apologize for the trouble you are currently experiencing. I'm going to send you a PM (private message) requesting some contact information so I may speak with you live about your base station issue. Please respond to this PM so we may proceed in correcting this problem for you!

Brian - Arlo Team

BrianD
Arlo Employee Retired

@Cameron: Hi Cameron, I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems viewing your cameras. I'm going to send you a PM (private message) requesting some contact information so I may speak with you live about your base station issue. Please respond to this PM so we may proceed in correcting this problem for you!

Brian - Arlo Team

Maximus4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Used a paperclip to reset the base station unit with the sync at the same time with no positive results.

Powered the unit down for 15 minutes, then powered on no positive results.

Re-synched the cameras and reset, no positive results.

Hopfully it's not a show stopper as I don't want to use Dropcam or other options as they quite honestly aren't as robust as arlo.

Maximus4
Aspirant
Aspirant

trustnohole wrote:

I just did the reset with sync down, waited for green light to go out ( all lights blinked amber ) then the power light went amber for 1 minute then back to green but No other lights are on

Used a paperclip to reset the base station unit with the sync at the same time with no positive results.

Powered the unit down for 15 minutes, then powered on no positive results.

Re-synched the cameras and reset, no positive results.

Hopfully it's not a show stopper as I don't want to use Dropcam or other options as they quite honestly aren't as robust as arlo.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Maximus4,

I am very interested to hear more about the issue with the base station remaining offline even after a reset. Can you be available tomorrow for a call to continue troubleshooting? If needed, we can coordinate a call with our engineering team to investigate this issue with you directly.

I have opened a support case and will send you a follow up message via our support tracking system. At your earliest convenience, please provide a follow up response with your preferred phone number and the best time to reach you.

We are absolutely committed to getting this issue identified and resolved quickly.

I look forward to your update!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Jody
Luminary
Luminary
Have completed a install of a new system I picked up from Best Buy... Windows 8.1 Netgear C6300.
Have never been able to get a green network light on base, only amber. I have unplugged the power, conducted the hard reset you referenced. Reset my router, opened ports 80-443. Rebooted my PC...Nothing....Guess I'm headed back to Best Buy.....In theory the system sounded great...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bad Ethernet cable? Have you tried rebooting the router? Used a different port to connect the base station to the router? Do you have any custom configuration for the router (static IP addresses, MAC address filtering, etc.)? I have TW and haven't had the need to open ports (a bad idea unless you know exactly what you're doing and why).

Jody
Luminary
Luminary
Yes, new cables, different port, Rebooted router, base and PC.
metrex
Tutor
Tutor

have tried every option in the book with no luck..    Just w ant an NEW base station..

HOW??

Conor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got the Arlo, I tried to connect to network without success, tried to reset it several times, reset router, the serial number is 48E1537A04E5, any ideas 

Conor
Aspirant
Aspirant

metrex
Tutor
Tutor
I got another BaseStation just the station without the power supply and it is NOT mew refurnished And I still have the same problem. I've reset to factory setting with no luck. Remember this problem was caused by Deauthorizing the unit with my Cel phone app. I think the problem Lies with authorizing the unit again. I've tried everything possible

metrex
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem. I have tried EVERY thing possible with no success. Worked with customer service for two days and no luck.
If you find a solution to your problem please let me know so as to implement your solution to my baseStation Thanks for your time.
metrex
Tutor
Tutor
Can customer service help me to get this thing running please.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Metrex,

I can try to assist you here, but depending on the complexity of your issue we may need to go through our Support Center to get your issue resolved. Can you send me a private message with the Base Station serial number? Can you also provide what the LEDs look like on the base station? Will will help us better understand the issue and potentially isolate the issue.

I look forward to your message!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
metrex
Tutor
Tutor
Hi. I am still waiting for your call. For now I have 2 stations and both have the same problem. NO INTERNET.
CaigB
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same problem here today.  The unit was working 2 days ago and now it will not connect.  I have tried all of the reset trick listed in this thread but nothing is working.  Everything off and then back on, resets on modem and base station.  Don't understand how it can be working fine out of the box and 2 days later nothing?

Please help!

CaigB
Initiate
Initiate

My base station # is 48B1527A1F92B.  NMeed help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know if tech support is open today but a trouble ticket may be the fastest way.

Raja
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

I have 3 cameras, one was not syncing, to resolve the issue did factory reset (holding sync button) and then on my base station doesn't connect to internet, keeps showing offline.

I tried all options in the forum, no luck

Appreciate any inputs.

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Raja,

I am sorry for the incovenience this has caused you.  Since you have already exhausted the troubleshooting steps suggested here in the Arlo Community, I suggest you to contact Netgear Support and let them assist you: http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/#tab-call

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Raja
Tutor
Tutor

Something Odd,

Base statation doesn't connect to internet, shows offline, and one camera detected motion and sent a alert with good recording for 10 seconds.

I tried to restart base station & options on forum, still it shows offline & can't see my cameras active.

JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Good day Raja, 

According to our data center report your base station and camera(s) are now online. Please update the firmware of your camera by following this link: 

What do I need to know about Arlo camera firmware updates?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-do-I-need-to-know-about-Arlo-camera-firmwa...

Tell me if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
mboucher87
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem. Been working fine for 3 months now all of a sudden its saying offline and has an amber internet light. Done all the power cycling, resetting, changing cables etc etc. It is getting an IP from the router and my upload speed is 4.8mbps.  No changes to any router settings or anything at all.

Problem is completely out of the blue and by the number of other people here having the same problem it seems like Netgear may have a very faulty product!

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

i have had my Arlo for 8 weeks, yesterday Base will not connect to internet, tried everything for  about 5 hours,

they tried to tell me its my modem, but in the end they agreed its the Faulty Base

Amber light will not go green, will send it back when i get confirmation from them, how long who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!