Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

galevelasco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted it because one of the cameras would not connect. The base station shows a solid amber light. I reset my router and Arlo multiple times. Any more ideas why it won't connect? Thanks

429 REPLIES 429
fabfliptreasure
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all this and it has never flashed all amber lights.  I even had comcast out to find possible problems with modem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you get any LEDs lit when turned on? If not, your base or power supply is dead. If you do get lit LEDs, press and hold the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash Amber. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras.

banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

make sure the bridge is activated on your modem, check the ethernet cable between the router and base station. 

If there is no router, then check the ethernet cable between the modem and base station. of course and brdige must be off, 

ALYUNYA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am installing Arlo Base 48946A7BB115 for the first time and it Does not want to connect to Internet.  Every reset attempt gets me back to amber Internet light, and, if I try to press reset and Sync together, nothing happens at all.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Old info. Only press the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.

Might also be worth turning off your router and base and then turn them back on in that order, letting the router finish booting before turning the base on.

ALYUNYA
Aspirant
Aspirant

DISREGARD:  Apparently, connecting the decvice to Spectrum Router directly did not work, but plugging it into Google Wifi device worked fine

RW5020
Aspirant
Aspirant
banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turn off the base, then turn off the router if any, then restart the modem. Once the modem has restarted wait 2 minutes.

Turn on the router wait 2 minutes

Turn on the base station wait 2 minutes

Try syncing your cameras again, per the instructions

Overall, your modem/router speed must be at least 2.4GIGAHERTZ, the latest modems/routers are equipped with both 2.4 & 5 Gigahertz of speed, but 2.4 Gigahertz is sufficient enough. If you are using a router make sure the bridge connection on the modem is on. Also, check the Ethernet cable from the base station to the modem or router if any. You may have to log into your router and check your settings if any or the modem settings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The WiFi part of your network has nothing whatsoever to do with Arlo. Also, the frequencies (2.4 and 5GHz) have nothing to do with Internet speed which is determined by the ISP.

The base connects to the router via an Ethernet cable.  The cameras connect to the base using their own dedicated WiFi we have no access to nor ability to manipulate for security. 

Restarting the whole network may help but first we need to know much more about what has been tried and what is seen.  The base should have both the power and Internet LEDs on and green. If that's not happening, nothing will work. The base must be claimed first and then the cameras synced. The base sync button should only be briefly pressed - don't hold it. When the Camera is blinking green, press a camera's sync button and observe the camera LED - it should blink slow blue and then rapid blue.

If this isn't working, we need full details.

banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I totally disagree, the speed of the internet does matter, since we switched from the 2.4 Gigahertz  to the 5 Gigahertz our live streaming of the video from the cameras is much smoother and delay time is about 1 second versus 4 seconds using the 2.4GHZ and I am talking about the Arlo 1st generation cameras. We do own Arlo Pro  2 & 3 too, but our Arlo 1st generation cameras stream much better and faster.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't switch Arlo to anything. You may have had interference between the base and router but switching to 5GHz would likely do nothing unless you turned off the 2.4GHz radio completely in the router. This is why some folks have found success moving the base away from the router although I've always had my base a couple of inches or closer to my router.

Whatever works for you is fine by me. I just prefer to understand the physics of the solution.

BlackBear68
Aspirant
Aspirant

im having same issues can not connct to iternet  i have read all the help suggestions i need help 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BlackBear68,

Can you give us more details about what you are experiencing? What LEDs on your base station are lit and what color are they? Are you trying to complete set up or are you seeing error messages once you've logged in?

JamesC

BlackBear68
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok power light works green camera internet yellow cameras green. I was on phone with support and I was informed it’s a network issue. They want me to buy an Arlo network package. So buy a product and pay to get it working. I don’t understand. The support said that someone other than my up tried logging in to my Arlo cameras. Now the network has to be configured. Please explain
banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please be more specific? What are you trying to connect to the internet?

banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

First, try turning off all the cameras first, if you are unable to turn off the cameras using the Arlo Website, then you may have to remove the batteries and/or charging block from the cameras.

Once you are done with removing the batteries and/or charging block from the cameras, then pause for 5 minutes.

Second, turn off the Base Station and pause for 5 minutes.

Third, turn on the Base Station and pause for 5 minutes, you need to give it time to fully boot up.

Finally, return all batteries and/or charging blocks to your cameras and then turn them on. 

- If the steps above do not work then the issue modem and/or router. If you have a modem and router, make sure the BRIDGE MODE is On in the modem. 
- Check the ethernet cable from the back of the Base Station to the modem or router, make sure it is not damaged.

jhartgt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does not work out of the box I have tried everything the others have done, just a contunued amber light, Very Frustrating to spend a whole Sunday messing with what was suppose to be a 10 mninute set up !!   HELP Please !!

brh
Master
Master

@jhartgt1

While it is possible that you have a defective base station, we need to do some troubleshooting to determin if that is the case or not.

Who is your internet provider?

How are you connected to the internet, (router, etc)?

Brian

jhartgt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Comcast is internet provider Router is Arris SBG 6580

brh
Master
Master

@jhartgt1

The solid amber internet light means that the base is connected to the network, but is getting no internet. Are you hooked directly into the router with an ethernet cable?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@jhartgt1

It is possible that Comcast or your firewall has one or all of Ports 80, 123 and 443 blocked.

Brian

jhartgt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes directly connected as instructed out of the box 

brh
Master
Master

@jhartgt1

Here is Arlo's knowledgebase article on how to troubleshoot this problem"

https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it

The two things you can try before trying to check all your router settings is:

1) Unplug the power to the base for one minute then plug the power back on and let the system reboot. If that doesn't work, then try 

2) With a paperclip hold in the tiny reset button on the back of the base for 10 to 15 seconds until all the lights turn amber, (I believe they will start blinking), and wait for them to stop blinking. See what the lights show then

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

If the problem persists, the problem is either with Comcast or the router or you have a defective Arlo base station.

I will keep looking for other solutions, but if either of the solutions above work, let me know.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@jhartgt1

Here is Arlo's support number:

1-(408)-638-3750

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which LED is amber? It's possible the power LED can do that which is a hardware failure. If it's the Internet LED that's amber, a setting in the router is likely the cause of the problem. Since you mention it's an Arris router, I suspect it's owned by the ISP, not you. You would need to have the ISP change the settings to allow ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com.