Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station stuck at "getting information"

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Oy
Follower
Follower
My Arlo base station is stuck at 'getting information' and no response. Arlo cameras are able to detect motion and record but I cannot access live view or the individual camera settings. The base station is also inaccessible. I tried to delete app and re-install. But it didn't help. I am using iPhone app, and with iOS 10.2 and also having same issue with web browser.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Early yesterday morning, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Marshamax
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing is happening to me. It is stuck on getting information and I have reset and turned off and on it will not connect to the app to turn it off or view the devices. 

jason_1328
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  And my home alarm happened to go off earlier today.  I had to drive all the way home to check on it because I couldn't connect to the cameras to see if it was a false alarm.  Smiley Mad

Vgohl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issu for me not working
larios
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same probem here for over 5 hours! 

Since morning, connectivity with base station is stuck. Cannot control anything in the base station both from app and from web.

Cameras do work however and give notifications but I cannot go live, I cannot even remotely restart the base station!

It's an error on Arlo's cloud side (their messaging system) and this is apparent.

However, I am really concerned that *SO MANY* hours have passed and they have not yet solved the issue! 

Despite the hardware/ system efficiency, this is unacceptable for a service like this that is based on uptime (and of course batteries of cameras are draining, since people are home now and I cannot switch off remotely since is that I would normally do!)

Cajunblues
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing at my house. All green lights but app says getting info.

What's going on?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Early yesterday morning, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

JamesC

laurendenise
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James--this is going on with me too. For 24 hours now. Tried everything. Any suggestions or is this again a Netgear outage?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No outages that I'm aware of although this is several hours later.

laurendenise
Aspirant
Aspirant
OK. So this leaves me wondering what I should do? None of my cameras have been talking to my base station for 36 hours now. I've restarted everything and checked the cameras. The issue seems to be the base station being stuck in "getting information" mode.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try turning off your modem, router and base and then turn them back on in that order, waiting for each to fully start before starting the next.

If that doesn't help, the fastest thing to try is to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  It's brute force but should work.

CekayFarnsworth
Aspirant
Aspirant

This problem persists and has been around for almost a week now.  We have tried everything from powering down the base station and powering down the router.  We are unable to access the cameras from computer nor the App on iPhone 6+.  Can someone from Netgear tell us if this is a systemwide issue or something we can correct on our own.  We're leaving on vacation within 24 hours and truly hope this would begin working sooner than later.  When motions are detected we do get alerted on our cell phones but we cannot access any video feed or recording.  Someone please help.  If this thing still won't work, everything is going back to Costco as soon as we return from our vacation.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There's a lot of possibilities but limited time is an issue. I would reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.