Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear router send malicious attacks

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
anderzand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have ESET as my antivirus system, and I recently have been getting repeated warnings about malicious attack to access my Cache. I finially tracked it down via the IP address to be the base station. I tried resetting it but it continues. Does this mean someone hacked my Base station router, 

Can Arlo work with other netgear routers, such as Orbi?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

anderzand wrote:

I have ESET as my antivirus system, and I recently have been getting repeated warnings about malicious attack to access my Cache. I finially tracked it down via the IP address to be the base station. I tried resetting it but it continues. Does this mean someone hacked my Base station router, 

Can Arlo work with other netgear routers, such as Orbi?

The cameras ( Pro and original Arlo ) only work / connect to the base units... they do not work with any routers at this time.

As to the base unit, it's not a full router tho it sets up a wifi system.  Other than the cameras there is nothing else to effect.

I doubt the base unit has been hacked.

can / do you have more info as to the the type of attack.... as a extra thought, have you made a copy of this info and sent it to Netgear to see what they say ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And ESET, too.
anderzand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good idea. I will do that. The message I get is "ARP Cache poisoning attack"

Whatis weird, now that I have it unplugged, I am still getting occassionaly warnings still. Should I clear my cache?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Can't say for sure. Could be worth a try.