Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
natalieb10
Guide
Guide

Just installed Arlo and can't get it to work properly. The LED internet light is green. The cameras are synced and are sending alerts, recording activity. My base station shows as 'offline' and I get the "your base station is not connected to the internet..." error message under the "Cameras" section both on the website and app. Anyone else have this issue?

49 REPLIES 49
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the firmware up to date on the base?

It should be 1.3.2261

SETTINGS, BASESTATION SETTINGS

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
natalieb10
Guide
Guide

Good question. I went to my base station settings and can't click on or save anything -- the FW version button, location or auto update.  I'm using an Android. I tried to restart the base station with no success. I don't see any base station settings like the FW version on the website, just the app. So buggy! I ended up deactivating the base station, but now I can't get it back!  

natalieb10
Guide
Guide

Ok, I just added back the base station and it worked!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear it's working.... most of the time the system either needs a reboot/reset to correct problems.

I have had a problem where a software update didn't complete properly, but it just required a restart of the base.

Next time, if you have a problem, please add the system your working on in the info... many here run multiple op systems and that will help you get the best answer in the fastest time.

Morse is faster than texting!
burkeyb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to hear Natalie is back to square one.  I've got the exact same problem.  Everything is working.  Indicator lights perfect.  Have reconnected to the Internet as well as power cycled the NetGear base station. Nada. Zilch. On what planet does everything set up smoothly? Still indicates the base station is offline.

natalieb10
Guide
Guide
Try logging in and go to 'base station settings' and hit 'restart'. That's what worked for me - hope it works for you, too.
llib
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have rebooted, unplugged everything and started over but I am getting the same message as many people are. Please help!!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  Recently I have the browser stall on me so I log out and back in which then refreshes the screens properly.  The Android app doesn't seem to need this.

CrysAsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  Using Window 8.1 with IE browser to login.  Both cameras worked for a couple minutes then I started getting the "your base station is not connected to the internet".  I have tried the factory reset, I have logged out and back in,  I have connection to the internet through my other computers and Android.  The only option that I have when I go to the Base Station setting is to Deactivate, which I have done.

Please let me know the next steps to having this work.

Thanks,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, have you tried logging out and back into the Arlo server when this happens?

CrysAsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  I have found that everything works on Android, but still have issues when trying to use Windows 8.1 and IE 11.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CrysAsch,

If everything works on Android that at least tells us that the problem is isolated to the PC or the browser being used. Are you running any kind of anti-virus software? If you are consider disabling it and see if that resolves the issue. I would also encourage you to try using a different browser (Chrome, Firefox) to try and isolate if the problem lies only with IE 11. Let us know what you find!

JamesC

Uplink51
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem. Green lights on the base, cameras recording and viewable, but the "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router." message is all you can get on the "cameras" view in Windows 7, Windows 10, and Android. Just started today. Resetting the base did not help. I am thinking it's a bad firmware update...Smiley Sad

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Uplink51,

Are you intermittently seeing this message or do you always see it? Do you get the same results when trying to access your account from a different network such as a 4g/3g connection on the mobile app?

JamesC

rldk
Initiate
Initiate

Getting the same issue here.

Restarted multiple times and no luck.

Deactivated the base station, reconnected, synced cameras, now nothing shows up.

System was working fine for a whole month until today...

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Getting same message even from a 4G connection.
Aquino
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting the same error. No idea why. Was working fine a few hours ago.

Reset base station, deactivated it, renamed it, checked internet cable and connection, powered on and off, pulled batteries and put back in, all lights green, still getting disconnected message.

This is incredibly irritating. I am leaving on vacation in two days and now this is completely useless for the purpose I bought it for. 

Aquino
Aspirant
Aspirant

i think this is a Netgear issue. The camera is still triggering when it senses motion and i'm still able to see the video. It might be a firmware update issue, but i can't update the firmware if the base station doesn't detect the internet connection. 

Please, someone help find a solution to this. This partial functionalilty is unsettling my faith in this product. It's been great otherwise, but this might be a deal breaker for future expansion to more cameras.

Generic03
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue, working fine all day today then tonight I am getting the "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router." all lights on the base station are green.

Asianromeo99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been reading alot of the forums on this issue. I have "Base station Offline and not connected to the internet" error as well. I installed Flash player 20, logged in either explorer or firefox and it worked for me!!!

Asianromeo99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been reading alot of the forums on this issue. I have "Base station Offline and not connected to the internet" error as well. I installed Flash player 20, logged in either explorer or firefox and it worked for me!!!I've been reading alot of the forums on this issue. I have "Base station Offline and not connected to the internet" error as well. I installed Flash player 20, logged in either explorer or firefox and it worked for me!!!

Aquino
Aspirant
Aspirant

at around 1am or so the base station regained connectivity. i didn't do anything to fix it. This reinforces my suspicion that it was a Netgear issue. Perhaps a server update?

arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide

Mine has been offline since midnight last night. Tried everything suggetsted and my base station is still not connected to the internet. Internet connection light on the netgear router has been dark since midnight. Reseting, powering down, etc has done nothing.

Has been working for months without issue.

Hope it is just a temporay issue an that an update will be pushed to the device.

Otherwise all the money I have invested in this product has just been flushed down the toilet out of the blue.

VERY frustrating!

tastysauce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine worked yesterday for about five hours and now I have the same situation.  It's annoying, because it died the same day I got it.  These are supposed to be good, but right now I'm about to return it because it's an expensive piece of garbage.