Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station goes offline intermittedly

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
paragon98144
Aspirant
Aspirant

This started about a week ago: when logging in I got an error message that my base station was not connected to my router. After that it stopped working. I decided to check again this weekend and I see that it randomly started working again; it worked and saved clips to my library from Tuesday untill Friday of last week, then stopped working again. Currently there are no clips saved from yesterday or today, and I see the error message again that the base station is not connected. All 3 green lights are on on the basestation but for some reason the status is offline.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

paragon98144,

This article outlines several troubleshooting options for a base station showing offline.  It could also be browser related considering all the lights on the base station are showing green.  Make sure Flash Player is updated and enabled on the browser you are using, clear your cache, reboot the base station and sign back in.  If you're still having issues, I suggest a factory reset of the base station as a last option.  Let me know if this helps.

JamesC

Jc7000
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem. All three lights are on the front of the base station are lit green but still receiving error message that it's offline. Router works fine and all other n@ arlo devices in the household can connect to the internet. The only fix seems to be power cycling the arlo base station. An easy fix when youre home. Not so easy when you're away and you need to access it.
Jc7000
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

May have been a brief power outage.  That can cause any electronic device to be confused - it may have gotten into an undefined state. A UPS of 750-1000VA size would be useful to keep all your networking equipment working with no issue.  Right now, you can try a different method (app or browser) or a different browser.  If nothing changes, your option is to get someone to power cycle the base for you.