Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

firmware will not update on one camera battery low

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TJS1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased the Arlo cameras and home base yesterday.  One camera needs a firmware update but the camera will not update.  Also the same camera shows low battery though the batteries were just installed today.  Hoping a firmware update would solve that problem, if I could figure out how to update the firmware.  One camera shows 1.1.2074 the other 1.2.2688  Base station is 1.7.1_4638  Neither camera shows stellar battery levels considering new installation.  I would appreciate any helpful information

3 REPLIES 3
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

TJS1 wrote:

Just purchased the Arlo cameras and home base yesterday.  One camera needs a firmware update but the camera will not update.  Also the same camera shows low battery though the batteries were just installed today.  Hoping a firmware update would solve that problem, if I could figure out how to update the firmware.  One camera shows 1.1.2074 the other 1.2.2688  Base station is 1.7.1_4638  Neither camera shows stellar battery levels considering new installation.  I would appreciate any helpful information

Leave the batteries out of that one camera for a while, maybe a day. I once had a camera that emitted a continual clicking sound and wouldn't connect to the network. I think it happened after a power outage that brought the camera into a search loop and couldn't find the base station, even after power came back on.

I left the batteries out for several days and that fixed the problem.

You may also want to first consider removing the camera from your system (Settings -> Devices -> [Camera Name] -> Remove Camera) and resynchronizing it with the base station.

Are you saying all your cameras don't show full battery levels any more or just the one? How many videos did you record on them? That shouldn't be, unless you recorded an excessive amount of footage. 

TJS1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I doubt that an excessive amount of videos could be the problem since the cameras were just installed today.  I'm hoping that updating the firmware will solve the battery problem.  However only have two bars on one camera battery and a half bar on the low one which were taken out of the package today.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

TJS1 wrote:

I doubt that an excessive amount of videos could be the problem since the cameras were just installed today.  I'm hoping that updating the firmware will solve the battery problem.  However only have two bars on one camera battery and a half bar on the low one which were taken out of the package today.

If you didn't record many videos with the cameras, then I'm pretty sure you got someone else's return. And I would do the same in an instant: return and get a refund or an exchange. Because, at this point you've inherited someone else's problems - if there ever were any. Start fresh with a clean slate.

It takes weeks to run down the batteries to one or two bars in normal usage. I've had my system since the middle of December and so far only one of my five cameras' battery level dropped by one bar the other day.