Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Min
Tutor
Tutor

Hello everyone

I deactivated the base station coz it always looses internet connection. And tried to reactivate it by following the instruction that I found on our Arlo community page.

How to activate a base station under an existing account

1.Log into your Arlo account (if not already logged in)

2.Click/tap Settings

3.Click/tap Subscription

4.Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page

5.Click/Tap Add a Base Station

My understanding is The base station serial number should automatically be detected and populate in the serial number field.

I have 3 green lights on my base station, Power, internet and camera. But after so many attempts repeating the same action as above, it did not populate the serial number by itself. and instead two small window box appear and one says Base station serial number is required with a drop down list which did not show anything. And second box is Time zone setting with drop down list and I can easily find my city I live from drop down list with time zone. I am stuck here. Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Min,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.  I suggest that we try to factory reset your base station.

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure. 

Hope it helps,

DaneA

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Min,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.  I suggest that we try to factory reset your base station.

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure. 

Hope it helps,

DaneA

Arlo Team

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Min,

If you are using a smart phone or a tablet with an Arlo app, please try using a computer that is wired to the same network or router/switch where you are connecting the base station to make sure they are both connected to the same local network.

This link might help you too:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-enter-the-Arlo-Base-Station-serial-num...

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Min
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for solving the problem.I resetted the base station and use a lap top computer to set up the system, Now the base station is back. I now face a new problem. I synced my camera with base staion following the quick guide that comes with the Arlo kit. Blue light on camera blinks and there is a green solid light on base station. But my base station is offline even though the internet green solid light is on. please help.

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Min,

In response to your concern, kindly access this article below:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/arlo-knowledge-base/article-id/61

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Min
Tutor
Tutor

Dear DaneaA and Arlo team,

I have tried everything as instructed in the link provided; https://community.netgear.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/arlo-knowledge-base/article-id/61

in regards to my base staion is offline eventhough the internet green light is shown solid on the base station.

None of the instruction seems to work. I even changed ethernet cable, opening port 443 and 80 and tried all the unused ethernet port on my modem router (Netgear WirelessN ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2000). My trouble shoots also include factory resetting the base station.None of the instruction seems to work.

Since I can't be patient and I acted on impulse, I purchased a new modem router (Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Model:D7000 with serial number 4BB156BV0137D). And I did the setting up Arlo process from the begining  and again I went through hell.

During the whole process of setting up; I again faced the problems of;

1) loosing connection and base station went offline.

2) I had to add the base station again after loosing connection several times

3) Base station went offline when you live stream your camera.

4) Base station went offline for unknown reasons but not as much as it used to when it was connected to my old DGN2000 netgear modem router.

Because I hate wires and wired security system coz they are too much hassels in installtion process. So I simply choose Arlo, but Arlo has been giving me a taste of hell consuming nearly 90% of my time everyday and still dont know when I will be able to fully fixed the problem until the system is fully reliable.

The new router has sloved some of the problems.

But I am still facing with new problems;

1) I can now have access to the camera and watch live stream but the wayward base station looses internet connection( went offline) while streaming.All three lights are solid green on base station when it went offline in the middle of streaming. The distance of camera from the base station was not even up to 5ft. And beside I have the most powerful Netgear nighthawk modem router which gives me a speed of 1Gbps on Ethernet so approximately 8000Mbps.

2) And it has stopped sending me notification when motion is detected to my Arlo app on my iphone 6plus and has also stopped sending me email notification to my email. I set my motion rules and sensitivity to 45% and 10Seconds. I tested the camera with a motion but it doesnt store any videoclips in "Library" as it used to be.

3) I also noticed one thing on my new router in relation to the behaviour of Arlo base station. A white light is on and solid on my Nighthawk new modem router when it is connected to my desktop computer through Ethernet port as an indication of 100% connected to internet. Same is true for my laptop when it is connected to my new router.

But when it comes to Arlo base station, there is always an amber light on my nighthawk modem router when the Arlo base station is connected through ethernet. I even tried switching all 4 Ethernet ports on my new router and there is always ember light shown up every port the base station is connected to. As for the base station, it shows all three green lights and they are all solid. Amber lights on my new modem router is an indication of something is not just right or is it the way how Arlo system operates and behaves?

I believe this base station is something wrong. And I am very tired of fixing all the technical problems arises. Please help me.

Base station serial number: 48D1537PA049D

user name(email address used to registered Arlo account) minhtutban@gmail.com

ISP name: dodo

Internet connection type: DSL and speed I am getting on my desktop computer is 1Gbps via Ethernet Cable.

Internet modem router: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Model:D7000, serial number 4BB156BV0137D

Lists of devices connected directly to my router;

1) A desktop computer

2) Arlo base station

Thank you 

Min

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Min,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

I think it is best to contact support since it seems you have done all possible solution, let's see what else they can do.

Please see link below for support contact number for your region:

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx#tab-call

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Ted
Aspirant
Aspirant
when my base station dropped internet connection I deactivated it to reset it and then I could not get it to work. I tried the reset and sync buttons as advised but still no internet. When I tried to re activate the base station through the Arlo app it it gives me a message telling me the base station has no internet. Assuming the base station was faulty i took it back to the retailer and he replaced it but when I bought the new one home the new base station won't connect to the internet either. I havn't got a Ethernet port on my laptop to plug directly to my router. I have tried every single suggestion but nothing seems to work. Is it possible to re activate the base station from a tablet? Please can someone help I'm at my wits end.
User23
Guide
Guide

I ran into this to and figured out the solution.

When you go back into the interface you'll see the base station settings areas are mssing.

If you check Settings you'll see that it shows 1 base station but it's not connected.

You can go in like your adding a new base station but just pick the one you already have and add it.

Fixed the issue!

Seemed to also needed to power it down, unplug cables (especially power) wait a few minutes and then plug back in and turn back on.

All good now.

User23
Guide
Guide

In addition, I had to remove the cameras and add them back in before the cameras were seen from the interface. Interestingly, they continued to detect motion and set off motion alarms even when the interface continued to show no cameras on-line.

mstasmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too need to re-activate my base station. I have read and followed the instructions for adding a new base station under settings but I never get beyond "looking for my station." Please assist.

mstasmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done the factory resest as well, with no luck. Please assist.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully a silly question but are you using a device that's on the same network as the base?  3/4G connection won't work.

JZhang1998
Initiate
Initiate

Hi

Deactivated base station and try to reactivate it and follow below steps:

How to activate a base station under an existing account

1.Log into your Arlo account (if not already logged in)

2.Click/tap Settings

3.Click/tap Subscription

4.Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page

5.Click/Tap Add a Base Station

But there is no Add a Base Station option in my sreen. What can I do now?

jmtucker27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue. I even tried to reinstall the system under a new email. Now I have three base stations showing. I understand this is a software issue that Netgear engineers are working on.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has identified and resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience this behavior.

JamesC

Houke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here !!

Can not get the base to work again after deactivating it by misstake..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Houke,

What issue are you encountering with the base station that is indicating to you that it isn't working? If you have deactivated the base station, you must add it back to the account by logging in to your Arlo account and clicking "add device" on the cameras screen. You will be prompted with 4 options, select "Base Station" and follow the on screen prompts just like when you first set up the system. I hope this helps!

JamesC

Houke
Aspirant
Aspirant

James

I have tried it all, i just can t reconnect with the base anymore.....

* I have 2 greens (Power and Internet)

* Both my iphone and my computer AND the Arlo station is running on same wifi, but none will detect the base

* I have tried to reset the base with the button on the backside, same issue ..

It just starts to try to connect ande after a while it it just says check your connction ....

// Henrik

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Houke,

If you log in to your account and navigate to Settings and then to My Devices, does your base station s/n appear there? If it does the base is already present on the account and that is why it isn't being detected.

To factory reset the base you must perform a two button factory reset. To do this hold down the reset button on the back AND the sync button on the side of the base until all LEDs flash amber. This will restore the base station to factory settings.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues.

JamesC

snoreIt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try reading the thread. He does not see a "add base station" button. Niether do I.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

snoreIt wrote:

Try reading the thread. He does not see a "add base station" button. Niether do I.

If you have the new sw on the arlo base, two things.

1) the reset for the base is now hold in the reset button ( paperclip ) for 5- 10 secs till leds on front flash

2) no longer any base limit so from the main login screen, log in and then hit 'ADD DEVICE" at bottom of camera view page

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
snoreIt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that made the difference

🙂

Chrism84
Aspirant
Aspirant
It wont let me factory reset & the option to add a base is not in the menu what do i do
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chrism84,

To factory reset your base station follow this article: How can I reset my Arlo base station to the default values?

If you already have an account skip step 3. To add a base station to an existing account, log in to your Arlo account and click "Add Device". Follow the on screen instructions.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

JamesC