Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not showing, Base Station connected, but Subscriptions showing 0

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
billyc0507
Aspirant
Aspirant

Team,

My two Arlo wireless cameras were working fine, until a week ago.  Nothing had changed in my system.  New batteries.  Simply stopped recording.  I resynched the cameras.  Nothing.  I reset the base station.  Nothing.  I power cycled the base station.  Nothing.   I deleted the base station and the cameras and started fresh.  Nothing.  I created a new email account and started fresh, nothing.  I went back to the old email account.  Readded the base station, which works fine, by the way, except that it shows 0 in Subscriptions.  The Cameras seem to synch just fine and are functioning physically, clicking as I go by and going to the red lights when it is dark,.  The LEDs are all normal, all three.  Apps on my ipad and my iphones and using the web arlo account all have the same luck.  Nothing.

Help. 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

billyc0507,

Consider removing the base station and any associated cameras from your account. log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Remove Device. You also indicate you created another account, go through this same process on that account as well.

Once the base station is no longer associated with any account, add the base station back to your account by clicking Add Device and following the on screen prompts. Attempt to sync each camera individually and take note of the LED behavior.

Please let me know if you still are experiencing any issues.

JamesC

billyc0507
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that no luck, wonder if the company can reset my account so I can start fresh. 

The cameras are connecting to the base station just not visible on the app or website, 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

billyc0507,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

billyc0507
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to get the cameras to show, but now I get a "unable to play" message.  The cameras are working and detecting motion, pushing notifications but will not record or live stream.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

billyc0507,

Where are the cameras located? This sounds like it could be an issue with interference between the base station and the cameras.

Consider moving the base station closer to the cameras or the cameras closer to the base station and try again to further isolate the issue.

JamesC