Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Weird battery reading today...

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
My arlo went offline twice this morning... Had to open app and click restart... Ever since my front camera battery reading went from 36 to 96...after 8 hours, it says 91....why would that be? These are original oem batteries that were in the camera for 2 month already... None of the 2 cameras had any weird battery readings... Why would this happen?
5 REPLIES 5
Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
None of my other 2 arlo cameras had weird battery reading issues... Just the one...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There does seem to be an issue with the battery indicators lately.  Restarting the base at least refreshes the reading.  Beyond that, it's anyone's guess.

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
I restarted the base at least 3 times now... Still reading at 91...something weird happened with latest base firmware update...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pet1700,

Consider rebooting the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to come back online and check to see if the battery indicator shows the same battery percentage.

Does this camera see much use? Do you suspect that the camera should be showing less than 91%?

JamesC

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
The camera was used for 2 months... Was showing 36% battery left. Seemed reasonable... Then one day it showed 91%. Now a few days later, it is showing 90%. It gets about 2 to 3 minutes of recording a day with highest video quality at 20 second clips. I will keep you posted if one day it drops to 0 without a warning.

It happened to my rear camera, but the opposite, and I posted about this a month ago where my batteries went from 60%+ to 16% overnight without any unusual activity or recordings that night.

Not sure what could be causing this... I guess not a worry for me as I am preparing for batteries to die based on time rather than solely relying on the battery indicator on the app.