Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mjsteelega
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey everyone... I've tried to reach Netgear via Twitter but they have not responded nor have I found a way to simply log a case with support.  

Not sure when it happened but I noticed in the past week or so I stopped getting the many false motion notifications that I have always been getting.  When I launched the Arlo app this past Saturday (01/27/18) and everything I had is gone.  No history, no cameras, no base station, nothing.  

Now, I can not find anyway to add my base station.  I have power-cycled it, hit the little reset button, tried resync'ing a camera.  Nothing.  It's connected to the internet (according to the LEDs), but I have zero access to it and my account appears to be wiped. 

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mjsteelega
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdatwrote:

Sounds like you may have been bitten by a recent issue at Netgear. The solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. Since you have nothing in Settings, My Devices, just use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras.

@jguerdat Thanks for the additional information.  It appears my hurdle was centered around the fact that I was trying to do all of this via my mobile (iPhone), which does not seem to support adding a base station; or at least it was not working properly for me.  When I logged in via my mac using Chrome, I was able to search and add the base station.  

Now I am re-adding the cameras one by one.  Thanks for the guidance. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
brh
Master
Master

@mjsteelega

You probably need to do a factory reset. Here is a link on how to do that:

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

But, firstly, can you log into your account on your computer? Does it show anything? Just wanting to see if it is the app or the system is actually missing.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

go to Netgear Support ; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

there were a small number of accounts that had similar issues...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-App-missing-all-base-station-and-camera-devices/m-p/1...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mjsteelega
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi... thanks for the reply.  I get the exact same thing when I log in via a computer.  Just has the option of Adding a Camera (which I did try) but there is nothing there.  Appears that my base station is also missing and not sure how to re-add it.

I'll take a look at the link you sent to factory reset.  Thanks!

mjsteelega
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  I saw that post from 7+ months ago and some apparent fix from engineering.  But there is no link to the actual fix (or at least I did not see it).

mjsteelega
Aspirant
Aspirant

wrote:

@mjsteelega

You probably need to do a factory reset. Here is a link on how to do that:

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

Brian

Brian,

I have done this factory reset.  When I log back into my account, there is no option to "Set up a new system".  Where should this option be?

brh
Master
Master

@mjsteelega

Here is a link to set up a base station:

https://kb.arlo.com/1179139/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-to-the-Internet 

Unplug your power to the base station. Unplug the ethernet cable to the router. 

Next plug the ethernet cable into the router before plugging the base station back in to power.

Brian

mjsteelega
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian.  Tried all of the above multiple times.  Still nothing.  

Base station power light = solid green

Base station connectivity light = solid green

Base station camera light = solid amber

Profile via browser and mobile app are completely empty and there is no apparent way to ADD BASE STATION or SET UP A NEW SYSTEM.  

brh
Master
Master

@mjsteelega

At this point I would contact Support at the banner near the bottom of this page.

Brian

mjsteelega
Aspirant
Aspirant

Contacted them earlier via Chat.  Got cut off now I can't seem to get the chat icon to come back.  (quickly thinnking this whole system is a loss at $700).  This has been a very crappy experience.  I expect more from Netgear. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you may have been bitten by a recent issue at Netgear. The solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. Since you have nothing in Settings, My Devices, just use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras.

mjsteelega
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdatwrote:

@jguerdat Thanks for the additional information.  It appears my hurdle was centered around the fact that I was trying to do all of this via my mobile (iPhone), which does not seem to support adding a base station; or at least it was not working properly for me.  When I logged in via my mac using Chrome, I was able to search and add the base station.  

Now I am re-adding the cameras one by one.  Thanks for the guidance.