Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
St0ner
Guide
Guide

Base unit is connected and working properly when using the phone app.  Camera images can be seen and saved vids can also be seen.  From the computer however, camreas cannot be seen and base station reports as offline.  From the computer the saved images can be selected, viewed, and deleted.

Base and cameras have been restarted, resynced, and reset many times.  Arlo, phone and computer use the same router/modem and there are no issues with connectivity.  Using Chrome.

56 REPLIES 56
proprod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same issue and also when logging in session times out. I am away so I cannot re-sync cameras. How to solve remotely? 

portney
Aspirant
Aspirant

One thing I have noticed is that the process of bringing up my system seems to be consistently very 'glitchy' - i.e., I often get the "base off line" message when trying to run the ap, and that simply waiting for 5 or 10 minutes, then re-attempting to open the portal is successful. It is either a hardware or software problem for me, I assume, but it is one that I have yet to satisfactorily resolve.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo team is currently investigating this issue. We appreciate your patience in this process and apologize for any inconvenience or frustration it may have caused. We have found that clearing your browser cache and logging back in will generally fix the issue. Also consider making sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled. We have also found that the error can sometimes be the result of virus protection software. Again, we apologize for any frustration that has resulted from this and will continue to investigate the issue!

Thank you!

JamesC

jt19
Aspirant
Aspirant
I accidentally hit the deactive button on my phone and now the phone is telling me to sync cameras I can't seem to get off on that page what's my next option
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jt19,

The deactivate button removes the base station from the account. In order to add it back you must go to "Subscription" under settings and scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add a base station". You must be connected to the same network as the base station in order to add it back to the account. Once it is back on the account you will have to sync each camera individually.

Hope this helps!

JamesC

Spridell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also having same problems.

Chrome browser DOES NOT WORK.

Internet explorer and Microsoft Edge work most of the times but sometimes I do get the "base if offline" message.

Works flawlessly with IOS app and Android app.

This NOT a problem with routers or anything like that.  It's an internal problem with Netgear.

CamMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, however I am out of town and not at my house.  Phone app works fine.  When I go to arlo on my laptop, the cameras show the "play" arrow, but don't play.

Spridell
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only way I have gotten it to work with Chrome is....

I have to log out of my Arlo account and then log back in

Thats the only thing that works on Chrome.

CamMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spridell wrote:

Thanks, but still doesn't work for me.  Any other suggestions?

proprod
Aspirant
Aspirant

seems Netgearhasa software issue

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CamMan wrote:

Spridell wrote:

Thanks, but still doesn't work for me.  Any other suggestions?

Have you tried any other browsers? Firefox would be a good one to try as long as Flash is installed.

Dsanders
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this still working for you since you re-synced you cameras?

Rebell4996
Guide
Guide

Hello, I am having the same issues, everything worked for about two weeks and now my computer keeps saying i am offline, but my app on my phone works fine.

I have powered down, reboted, uninstalled , reinstalled.

Thank you for your help.

Rebell4996

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rebell4996,

Some users have experienced issues due to security/virus protection software. Try disabling any you may have and attempt to log in. Be sure your Flash player is up to date and enabled. You might also consider trying to log in from a different browser to further isolate the issue. 

JamesC

WyMar
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Has there been a concrete solution found for this? I am setting up my new system and the app on the I phone workds, but the pc shows everything as offline. I have reset, chnged browsers, looked at firewalls and nothing! 

It's really hard setting things up on a phone and if this would work on the PC my life would be exponentially easier!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the app work properly on both WiFi and 3/4G? If not on WiFi, it may well be a router issue.

WyMar
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app works fine connected to wifi or not. 

is there a way to pinpoint if its a router issue? the base is plug into the router.

jguerdat wrote:

Does the app work properly on both WiFi and 3/4G? If not on WiFi, it may well be a router issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the app works on your home WiFi, its very likely not the router. If changing browsers doesn't fix it, it might be something in your computer's firewall and/or antivirus settings. It's been reported here  before. You can try temporarily disabling them to see if that helps.

WyMar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firewall turned off. no change. left firewall off and then restarted everything. still nothing.

Any other suggestions?? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What antivirus/spyware are you using? Also, you never explicitly said if using your home WiFi with your phone worked, just that WiFi worked.

JimBlu
Guide
Guide

Seems to be working now after clearing History, cache, cookies and hosted images app. Using Chrome and windows 10

JimBlu
Guide
Guide

Only worked once after clearing. App works on smart phone and remote computer and network. Running windows 10. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you log out and back in?  Also, try a different browser multiple times?  

JimBlu
Guide
Guide

I am using Chrome, tried IE. Have reset unit several times all with the same result. I have a feeling it is a software issue (possiblywith Windos 10) as when I log in from my home computer  I have to hit the login button at least twice. Not so from remote computer and network, nor from my phone. I have sent support all the information. I have whitelisted the site in my anti virus and add blocker. no change.

JimBlu
Guide
Guide

It seems to be working with Firefox, But not Chrome or IE