Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base shows online, Cameras can be seen on phone app, but computer says base is Off Line

Discussion stats
St0ner
Guide
Guide

Base unit is connected and working properly when using the phone app.  Camera images can be seen and saved vids can also be seen.  From the computer however, camreas cannot be seen and base station reports as offline.  From the computer the saved images can be selected, viewed, and deleted.

Base and cameras have been restarted, resynced, and reset many times.  Arlo, phone and computer use the same router/modem and there are no issues with connectivity.  Using Chrome.

56 REPLIES 56
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

supported prgms are;

• Internet Explorer 10 or higher
  • Firefox 3.5 or higher
  • Safari 3 or higher (Except on Windows and Linux)
  • Chrome

I know you said your using Chrome, since you also state it works via your phone, the Arlo setup is prob not the issue.

Can you try one of the other browsers ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
St0ner
Guide
Guide

The issues with Arlo on the PC continue regardless of the platform (Chrome, IE, Firefox). 

St0ner
Guide
Guide

Let me add that this is a new issue.  THe system worked perfectly for a month.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance you have two DHCP servers on your network?

St0ner
Guide
Guide

No.  Everything worked fine a week ago and for the month prior.  No changes to my network have been made.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a reboot is in order... Have you 1 )powered down the base then back on 2) hit the reset on the back of the base?

Morse is faster than texting!
St0ner
Guide
Guide
I have performed that restart and reset several times.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon St0ner,

I am interested in learning more about the issue you are experiencing. I have sent you a personal message with a potential solution but would like to work with you directly if that does not resolve the problem. Please let me know the results of your testing.

Thank you for posting this issue on the Arlo community! I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
St0ner
Guide
Guide
Hello Christine. I saw no resolution in he email sent. Please resend or tell me here what your solution was.

Thank you
St0ner
Guide
Guide

My issues with this system continue.  Base unit shows online (via green light), cameras are viewable with cellphone, PC cannot connect saying the Base unit is offline.  I have performed several reboot/reset/resync routines.  Pulled power and batteries multiple times as well.  As noted above, the system worked perfectly in every way for over a month.  

My Router/Modem are working perfectly.  I have used Chrome, IE, and Firefox platforms and the IOS cellphone system.

Arlo Team member Christine says she sent me an email (which she did).  She claims however that she sent in that email a potential solution - there was no solution in the email   I replied (both on email and on this forum) that there was no solution in the email sent and to please resend.  The email came back undeliverable and there has been nothing written on this forum.

I'm getting frustrated in this system and more frustrated with the Support.  

St0ner.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon St0ner,

I am not sure you have seen the personal message sent within the community that I sent yesterday. To clarify, private messages appear on the upper right hand side of the page and to the right of your username and "notifications" under "Messages". 

Based on what you are describing it appears the Arlo system is actually working as expected since you are able to login from your iPhone without any issues. This would indicate something within the browser(s) and/or computer is not allowing the website to properly communicate with the Arlo cloud.

Please take a look at your messages and let me know the results of your testing. The essence of my email is to ensure you have the proper pluggins enabled. If all pluggins are enabled then let's discuss potentially allowing me temporary access from a different netword to determine if the issue is specific to your environment.

I look forward to working with you.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

St0ner wrote:

Arlo Team member Christine says she sent me an email (which she did).  She claims however that she sent in that email a potential solution - there was no solution in the email   I replied (both on email and on this forum) that there was no solution in the email sent and to please resend.  The email came back undeliverable and there has been nothing written on this forum.

I'm getting frustrated in this system and more frustrated with the Support.  

St0ner.

While I agree that sometimes support here can be spotty, you can always open a ticket for direct support rather than relying on forums to help fix the problem. I had an issue a month or so ago that was getting nowhere but opening a ticket brought fairly quick response and resolution. It may be time to do that here.

St0ner
Guide
Guide

Perhapse you're right Jguerdat - I am getting nowhere fast here.  Christine, while I appreciate your assistance (and when you said you sent a personal message, and I received an email from you, I assumed that the email was the personal message), my Chrome settings are exactly where they were a month ago when everything worked fine (and they are perfectly in line with the guildines you sent me).  

Still nothing is working from my PC - and as such the functionallity of the system is reduced.

What dissappoints me is that I have read others having this same issue on this forum, and I don't completely uinderstand the concept of a private message containing resolution.  If there is a resolution to an issue brought up in the forum, isn't the purpose of the forum to broadcast that resolution??  I have no idea if these others have met with resolution or not.  And if so, what was it?

St0ner

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon St0ner,

I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to work with you directly to continue troubleshooting this issue and expedite getting this issue resolved once and for all. Unfortunately, it has been a bit of a challenge in troubleshooting effectively thus far via the forum as we are not able to replicate the issue in-house. Is it possible for you to contact me directly during normal business hours and I can work with the engineering team to perform further diagnostics.

Have you attempted to stream your cameras from another another computer? Have you tried to login from a different network? If so, are you experiencing the same results? It is important to understand the nature of the problem to be able to isolate the root cause and determine the appropriate course of action to resolve the issue.

I understand that you have limited access from your iPhone and I am anxious to work with you. It may be best to work with you via the telephone. Is there a good time next week that I can contact you directly? If so, please reply to my personal message with your preferred telephone number and I will do my best to accommodate your schedule.

I am confident we can get this issue resolved at which time we can post the solution for the benefit of the rest of the Arlo community! Your efforts here are greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Christine

____
Trag
Star
Star

same issue here.

Trag
Star
Star

Same issue here. I have worked in data and voice communicatins for 35 years, no dummy on this subject. Strange my VueZone was down about 1 1/2 weeks, now this. About to get my own dvr and cameras. Too frustrating.

Trag
Star
Star

Was the solution found and posted?

pleano
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning

I just wanted to notify you that I am encountering the same issue. I've had this issue since day 1. Frankly, not too happy about it. My home is a connected home with all my devices working properly. I expected this one to work as well.

I continue to get the following message when I try to login online : "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router."

I need a solution to this issue, otherwise, can I just return this item to your company? I purchased this from Best Buy about a month ago because I needed some security for my newborn baby. But if it will not work the way I want it to, I see no sense in keeping it.

Please advise.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems that the typical issue is a router setting.  Perhaps the base station sn't getting a DHCP address?  Check your router and make sure the base has an address and that nothing is blocking ports 80 and 443.

Will85029
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too have had this problem, and too many other problems during setup. Thank you, to the community for all your contributions and problem solutions. Sorry, but this should not be so difficult.
msherrod
Initiate
Initiate

Same problems here. Can get everything fine on phone or iPad, but not on computer. I think the problem has nothing to do with our router...I plugged the ethernet cable from the base unit directly into the cable modem, reset the base unit, and got the same message.

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi msherrod,

Have you tried other web browsers? Like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE or etc.? Or, on another computer?

Kind regards,

BrianL
Arlo Team

portney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was this issue ever solved?

msherrod
Initiate
Initiate

Problem was solved. Re-synced the cameras to the base station. Good now.