Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
spuwcd
Follower
Follower

Initial set up - Base station not powering on - no green light

56 REPLIES 56
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spuwcd,

Consider trying a different power outlet to isolate the issue further. If you're still getting no power at all to the base station on a different outlet, try another power adapter with the same specs if you have one available. Please let us know if you're still having trouble!

JamesC

zkwena
Initiate
Initiate

I recently (11/22/2016) purchased Arlo Pro with 4 cameras at a Best Buy store on Harrison Street in downtown San Francisco, CA, USA. I travelled back to Kenya immediately arriving, actually today morning. I have been trying to power the base station to set up my cameras but it is not powering. What could be the problem? I hope it is not the case of a faulty product because I don't know what I would do given the distance. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Zachary

JamesC wrote:

spuwcd,

Consider trying a different power outlet to isolate the issue further. If you're still getting no power at all to the base station on a different outlet, try another power adapter with the same specs if you have one available. Please let us know if you're still having trouble!

JamesC

JamesC wrote:

spuwcd,

JamesC

JamesC wrote:

spuwcd,

JamesC

Unfortunately, I am still having the same problem. Zachary

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In a different country, of course you need to make sure that your plug and voltage are correct.  After that, what are the LEDs on the base doing?  The power LED should be green.  If not, either the base or the power supply has an issue.  It could still be something about the particular plug/voltage but you'd need to figure that out, perhaps with the help of an electrician.

Rnrpn
Guide
Guide
I bought an arlo pro from USA worked well for five days then base station shut down! Tried different cords plugs everything still nothing!! Help!!!!
Rnrpn
Guide
Guide
I bought an arlo pro from USA worked well for five days then base station shut down! Tried different cords plugs everything still nothing!! Help!!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What are the LEDs on the base showing?
Rnrpn
Guide
Guide

Nothing they are blank there is no power going to the system.

Rnrpn
Guide
Guide

I have the same system ironically worked well for five days...then nothing....I'm in Australia and bought from the states. Net gear support is not helpful even though they saud rage product would work in Australia pfft. Now they are making me jump through hoops....just to get a new power adapter.

ayyunair
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue...worked while installing, but then the power/base unit stopped working altogether.  I have used the power converter for other electronics - worked great/ still works great.  I hope this can be fixed....I bought it in the US recently.

😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What is the power LED showing? If off or amber, you can try a 3rd party power supply with the same voltage and current ratings as well as the proper polarity and size plug. Of course, it could be a dead base.
Maxx001
Initiate
Initiate

Exactly the same issue:

in Australia

1st base station stopped working after 3 weeks

2nd (after being replaced by Amazon) stopped working after 5 days

I will probably not be replacing this one as this is to much hassle to replace.  

Papaloco
Tutor
Tutor

Any idea's on where I can find an adapter? most state 500ma and mine shows 1.5A. Don't know it that would make a difference. I have the VMB4000.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Maxx001,

Is the power LED showing amber or is it not lighting up at all? Are you using the AC adapter that came with the system?

JamesC

Papaloco
Tutor
Tutor

No light at all. I have 2 base stations so when it took for ever to get support I unplugged the other base and used that plug and the none working unit came on and connected. Trouble shot it down to the power cord AC adapter was bad. Finally got through to support and share the info and they are sending out new cord by mule from the east coast. So I should be up and running by this time next week. The replacement part of this really sucks. Net gear is going to lose alot of customers over their customer support and the slow replacementof parts. I purchased the system to watch my house, but Netgear seems to think it's ok to put customers on hold. Thanks for the reply. If there are still problems after the part gets hear I'll be in touch. Also do you know where I can purchase a back up power cord. Bestbuy didn't have one and using the part number didn't bring up any. Don't want to use the wrong one. This is what customer support suggested when I complained about shipping time of the replacement get one with the same specs from any electronics store. Wrong.

Basilhilal
Aspirant
Aspirant
now how colud we solve this. I'm from Oman in the middle east the base staion VMB4000 worked with me for 1 month and then it went off. can you giude me what to do in this case.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tell us what you've tried in detail.  What are the LEDs on the base showing? 

Basilhilal
Aspirant
Aspirant
it show nothing there is no power at all.

- after one monthe of workeing it went off
- I tried to plug the base station in another power source but still there is no luck
- I tried another adapter n nothing has been change it is NOT working

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If there's no power, nothing is going to work. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
Turismo
Tutor
Tutor

I got the same issue. Base station is no longer powering up. It worked after two months.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Turismo, did you open a case with support?

JPRaju
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.It worked for me for a week and then suddently stopped working.I have checked the system and noticed that the base station is not getting powered on.I bought it in the best buy shop in US and using it in UK ofcourse with appropriate power suppoly convertor.

I tried different sockets...Switched on/off using the button....nothing happening.It is fairly new.Looks like it is a common problem eveyone is facing.How can I get replacement?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Base station not powering on is not at all a common problem.

Best to contact technical support clicking on the contact support button at the bottom of each forum page.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be the power supply. Using the data on the existing supply, see if you can find a 3rd party supply with the same connection and rating. You could always test the current one with a voltmeter, too.

MarcoLam
Tutor
Tutor
My VMB4000 Arlo Pro Station not powering on. It was working in the last 8 months but not powering on last week. I plug other socket & tried to use other transformer but still the same. I bought it new from Amazon and brought to use in HONG Kong. Where shall I return for warranty claim?