Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station not powering on

Discussion stats
spuwcd
Follower
Follower

Initial set up - Base station not powering on - no green light

56 REPLIES 56
lewishoward70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this issue only one amber led on the power on indication. some times it would go out all together. My first thought was that adapter was not in socket correctly but it was. I put a multimeter on to the plug of the adapter it was only putting out 11.8 volts DC which I thought was low as unit is 12 Volt DC also it was fluctuating and was also very hot which was a bit arming. eventually found a power adapter of same voltage and same plug. plugged unit back in gave it a few minute to do it boot up . Leds came up green unit working fine now. Unit only 2 months old so will be asking for a new adapter not sure I would trust it though as this one was getting very hot.

StBean
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine stopped working after 1 week. Wont power up, no lights. Tried several outlets, initially is was plugged into a high quality power strip which protects devices from power surges. This is odd, I've never had an eletronic piece of equipment just stop working after one week. Power supply is good, test with volt meter.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StBean,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

FMaleki
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the Arlo Pro 2 as a birthday gift from Best Buy US (where my family lives) for use in home in the UK.  The base station has stopped powering on and I’ve tried other plugs/cables like all of the other post on this thread.  Arlo Customer Service manager (Rakesh Kumar) admits the power issue is well known, but says Arlo will not help me as I’m in the UK and gift was purchased in the US (Arlo selling the exact same thing in the UK). For a $750+/£900+ product I’m really disappointed in Arlo and the product

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FMaleki,

I'd like to take a closer look at your support case. Do you have a support case number? If so, please provide me with the case number in a private message and I will review and escalate your case as needed.

JamesC

Bonnes968
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base stywill not power up, I have changed power source, changed ethernet cable still wont power up. I just bought ot today
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store.