Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Hi - 

Ever since around 0500 ET (2018-10-15: today) one of my family member's Arlo base stations has been stuck in a reboot loop.  It'll come online for a few minutes and 1/2 or 2/2 cameras will show online but then a few minutes later the base station will drop offline (no ping response) and eventually the app/webpage will say "base station offline."  Opening it up when it's about to reboot will result in "getting information.." just sitting there on the screen.  I've got network (ping) monitoring of this base station, which is how I can tell it has been bouncing up & down all day.  This has also been verified by watching the LEDs on the base station for ~10 minutes.

On my /own/ Arlo setup this morning I had to reboot my base stations a few times and accept the numerous firmware upgrades of both the base stations /and/ the cameras (multiple ones failed, re-tried a few times and they eventually accepted it).  However, everything stabilized for my equipment and it's working fine with the new firmware (base station: 1.11.9.0_26520, cameras: 1.3.314).

On my family member's Arlo setup the base station is up-to-date but the cameras are still at 1.2.21616.  No firmware upgrade message comes up, probably because the base station reboots itself too fast.

I see no firmware release notes in the announcements section of the Arlo forums.  Obviously there was a firmware upgrade - is anyone else seeing the same thing?

I haven't had my family member reset the base station & cameras yet because after 4+ years of Arlo I've never had to do this on my own, so I'm crossing fingers 🙂

Thanks!

- Mark

17 REPLIES 17
Akhensley
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station has been going offline all day.
Fastmike
Star
Star

Had problem since previous update about a Month ago, with cameras 'disappearing' randomly and records not covering scheduled hours... but this morning, that is even worse!!!

I have tried full reset, delete and re-add devices, still erratic behavior with a max of 2 cams working at same time out of five...

Are they testing anything before release at Netgear??? How to come back two firmware release earlier?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Prolixium,

You can find the Firmware Release Notes here - Arlo Firmware Release Notes

Fastmike,

Have you moved your base station or router around since the issues started? It sounds like there might be some interference happening

Akhensley
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I have not moved the base at all. Sit right next to my router.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Akhensley,

Have you tried a reboot of the base station?

Akhensley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have rebooted several times, have rebooted my internet. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Akhensley,

Have you verified that your base station has the latest firmware installed? I have attached the firmware release notes here: Firmware

What are the status LED lights displaying on the front of the base station?

Akhensley
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is telling there are no updates. The lights will be green for a few minutes then the middle will turn orange then all will go out and then the middle will turn orange then all go back to green. And starts the cycle all over again.
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary
Sounds like Akhensley's base station is in the same state as my family member's base station. The firmware is up-to-date, it just happened to have bricked the base station.

- Mark
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

FWIW, just after I made the previous post I went and checked on my family member's base station - it looks like it stopped the constant reboot earlier today (2018-10-17) around 0800 ET.  It's still running the same version (1.11.9.0_26520) but maybe the folks in the Arlo cloud pushed out a fix.  I doubt it would have just fixed /itself/ after being in a constant reboot cycle for two full days.

- Mark

Akhensley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is still, rebooting itself, we are on day three. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Akhensley,

If the middle light (Internet LED) is orange it means the base is not connected to the internet. Have you tried to reboot your router. Have you tried to switch the Ethernet cable to a different port of your router and try a different Ethernet cable?

brh
Master
Master

@Akhensley

When the base comes online, can you read which firmware version the base and cameras are on? It appears that the base is trying to accept the newest firmware and for some reason is not accepting it so it keeps rebooting.

Brian

Lazer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever find a fix for this? Bought this for my wife in Christmas, and the exact same thing is happening. Will stay on for about 5 minutes and then reboot, over and over.

Firmware for base is 11.1.9.0_26520
Firmware for cameras is 1.2.21616
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Lazer

Have you tried to perform a factory reset & test again?

Lazer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have, the unit still resets every ten minutes or so.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support for replacement:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx