Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 30 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

This thread was posted for 5 months, waiting for a resolution: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Badge-Notifications-not-resetting-again/m-p/1868329/emcs_t/S2h8ZW...

Yesterday, the thread was closed by the moderator stating that the problem was solved.  However, it is NOT solved.  I just walked outside and my badge counter reset to 432!  Why was the previous thread closed and why is this still not fixed?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released today that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing inaccurate badge notifications.

JamesC

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

krypttic,

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo Secure app downloaded from the app store? You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the app if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, I do have the latest version.  Based on the history with this issue (I've reported it three times, and each time it takes successively longer to provide a "fix"), I'm not optimistic anything has been solved--or if it is, that it won't be back again in short order.

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

Same. It’s still happening. It’s not fixed under the latest v3.6.8. With Arlo pro 2 cameras and base.  Visiting a relative currently having the same issue the past few months; trying to help troubleshoot. iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15.5 everything is up to date. 
Family member thinks it’s the base and bought a new pro 3, 2 camera kit with new base, to try and resolve it, ugh. Meanwhile, I have the same setup back at home and no issues with badge count per the app any my account. (Minus, pro 3 base) 

robwattman
Star
Star
I thought it was resolved but it is not resolved yet. I have v3.6.8. This is hopeless. I click the app that show hundreds of videos, look at the library, then the next time a new video is recorded, the badge app is in the hundreds again.
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, I think we're going on over a year at this point so I don't think it's ever going to be fixed.  I've started two previous threads that were marked as "solved" (even though they weren't) and closed to replies.  I'm not going to bother starting any more.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is working on a solution for this issue currently. I do not have an ETA for when the fix will be available just yet, but will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Richards4
Initiate
Initiate

Why is the Arlo app notification badge always showing a full count since day 1 every time a new alert comes in, I can open and acknowledge the alerts which removes them but they come back again next time I get an alert.

Jaytdy
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having the same issue with 1700+ notifications that do reset but return sometime after leaving the app.

robwattman
Star
Star

Today my badge notifications are 323,486!!!

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, I have hundreds of notifications myself.  This has been going on for about three years now.  I've given up on a resolution, despite Arlo's claims to be "working on it."

Lodus
Initiate
Initiate

7AF3A3F1-08E8-43BE-A1C4-4DB4CB0E57BD.jpeg

Any idea why I suddenly seeing so many notifications? 190k !!

0005215C-E0BF-4C3C-829D-7C8107AD2B6F.jpeg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are they noted as motion or audio?

Snake86
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Every time I get 1 notification, the badge shows 3,000.

Dw4yne
Star
Star

I currently have over 28,000 notifications showing up.

Dw4yne
Star
Star

28,000 notifications WTF ARLO?

A_Peterson
Tutor
Tutor

I recently started having this problem of the high badge count; mine’s at 672. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Same problem. Using iOS app version 4.0.

Lodus
Initiate
Initiate

Not sure. When I go into the app to view them, the counter is cleared. I’m definitely not getting that many hits as I only store up to one week of data.

AUTX
Star
Star

IMG_9531 Medium.jpeg

Not sure where to post this, since it’s more of a Mobil app related issue.

D290FC7A-B9A0-4EF8-BD4F-4F9C3722926C.png

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

Yea it’s gotten worse lately. Showing 63 badge count, ios app. Everything is up to date and current. I don’t have 63 new videos, as I try to clear them right away. It’s like it’s not resetting per new videos coming in. Just keeps adding from the last time you’ve checked; keeping it in memory or cached somewhere. The algorithm is wrong.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently reviewing reports of the iOS badge counter providing inaccurate counts. I will post an update as soon as I have more information on this issue.

JamesC

Richards4
Initiate
Initiate

@JamesCI appreciate you coming back with an update but when you say your “reviewing” the reports it sounds like it’s taken you 3 years of reviewing, when will you actually take action and fix what seems to be an obvious and common pain point?

Aparks2
Initiate
Initiate

Mine is having this issue. It started last week. I just updated my app since There is an update, and nothing has changed.

A_Peterson
Tutor
Tutor

I was informed by a tech that this was taken care of. I deleted, reset device, reinstalled app, and yet I’m still having the same issue. Now the count has reset to my reboot, but it is still maintaining a cumulative count.

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

I’m about to turn badges off per alro notifications in iOS settings and just let my lock screen alerts dictate/alert me how many new recordings I have. This is ridiculous.

442DC9B9-55EC-4288-8B56-B371E74FC301.jpeg