Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bad camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Fatmax
Initiate
Initiate

Just bought a 3 camera system.  Two of the cameras sync and operate OK, but the third will sync but not capture a picture.  When I click the LIVE button, the response is 'Request Timed Out'.  How do I get a new camera?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Fatmax
Initiate
Initiate

I was wrong.  The camera will capture a picture and display it under 'Settings', but it will not display it under the 'Cameras'; it just shows a blank screen with 'Live'.  When Live is clicked, I get 'Request timed out'.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try resetting the camera by opening and closing the battery door. Also, use a different browser or the app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fatmax,

Also be sure your Adobe Flash player is on the latest version.

JamesC

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the EXACT same issue when I installed my 3rd camera! Any luck on a solution? My problem with resetting the camera is that is placed in a high position, so access is awkward and it is quite cold out to be doing a battery reset. I'll have to wait for better weather. Both my phone app and the PC desktop are affected. adobe is updated on both as well. I have reinstalled the apps, reset the base station. no luck. just awaiting arlo's response.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

demetreb,

Consider removing the camera and going through the sync process again. I would recommend testing the camera before placing it back outside to make sure it is behaving properly.

Please let me know if you continue experiencing this issue.

JamesC