Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BASESTATION OFFLINE

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DEMOGUY44A
Follower
Follower

HI,

Ive had issues with the base station since i bought it approx 8 months ago. It can go offline for no reason at all and I cant restart it from the app obviously since its offline. There is no issue with the WIFI/internet or anything on ”my end”. The annoying thing is that for example im on vacation now and the moment I actually need this system to work, its offline and I cant get it back until i physically reboot the base. An issue like this SHOULD NEVER happen in a surveillance system. It has the latest firmwire etc.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DEMOGUY44A

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

defilade
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same thing happened to me recently - went off on a 2-week vacation, base station went offline after the 2nd day, came home to dead batteries in all 5 cameras.

When I got back I put my base station on a Wemo plug so I can restart it remotely in the future. We'll see if that works because the cameras don't always reconnect automatically. But long term I think I'm going to look at systems other than Arlo. It seems like since Arlo split off from Netgear they're unable to get their s*** together.

@ShayneS how does contacting tech support help at this point? This seems like a known issue.