Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

peneinna
Follower
Follower

I just changed my modem and now my base won't connect via ethernet cable.  My power light is green, but my internet light is amber. I'm not sure what to do at this  point.  I did a factory reset and light is still amber.  What can I try now?

203 REPLIES 203
ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's hard wired.
AsoloHeart1955
Star
Star

I got it. I found that if you remove you base station and reinstall it everything came back. Ih ad the green lights but not for cameras they were amber. I have a ful up and running system again. 

AsoloHeart1955
Star
Star

Had same issue after green light for intranet came on but amber for cameras. I removed the base stattion. Added it again, did the  sync steps and it is all back.

AsoloHeart1955
Star
Star

I got mine back after removing base station devce and add it again. Sync cameras and all came back. 

AsoloHeart1955
Star
Star

Remove base station and add device again. Synce cameras and it should all be back. I had amber lights also.

wlc2
Tutor
Tutor

YEP...... i did the same and it is working this morning.    YEAH..... 

alfrito
Initiate
Initiate

It would be great, if the next time you have problems on your end to let your customers know! I spent most of my evening trying to figure out what was wrong with my system. It wasnt until late last night that started coming accross threads stating you were having issues. It was great when I woke up this morning that it was magicly working. But it would of been better to know that when YOU knew there was isssue. Then I would not of wasted my time!!

Brybry
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now I get 2 green lights and 1 yellow. And the app on my phone says I'm offline
bbstocker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've still got the same problem, my base station is not connecting to the server. 8:30am in Arizona.

Brybry
Aspirant
Aspirant
There chat is available right now. They walked me thro it. I had to remove base station from account and add it again.
bbstocker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. What a pain!

bbstocker
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station did finally connect after removing and reinstalling it but I am also having to do the same with each camera one by one.

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

Glad that everything is working for you, now.

It was quite frustrating, yesterday afternoon, when I could not disarm my set-up. However, in short time, upon coming to these boards, I learned that many were experiencing the same issues. 

Hopefully, Netgear has sorted this issue out and will be better prepared down the road. 

mvancourt68
Guide
Guide
I hadn’t tried what was suggested with removing the base station but at about 9pm last night I looked and poof the amber light was now green. Not sure what was going on but it would be nice to get some response from NETGEAR. I like the cameras but the support is very sub par.
mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I completely agree. I'm more frustrated with Netgear's failure to get information out to its customers right away than I am the outage itself. Not only did many of us spend time unnecessarily trying to troubleshoot on our end, we're talking about a security system that folks rely on, not a toy. I'm very disappointed in Netgear's handling of the situation.

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

alfrito wrote:

It would be great, if the next time you have problems on your end to let your customers know! I spent most of my evening trying to figure out what was wrong with my system. It wasnt until late last night that started coming accross threads stating you were having issues. It was great when I woke up this morning that it was magicly working. But it would of been better to know that when YOU knew there was isssue. Then I would not of wasted my time!!

I completely agree. I'm more frustrated with Netgear's failure to get information out to its customers right away than I am the outage itself. Not only did many of us spend time unnecessarily trying to troubleshoot on our end, we're talking about a security system that folks rely on, not a toy. I'm very disappointed in Netgear's handling of the situation.

Vcross
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo is back up and running for me in Christchurch NZ,at last 🙂

turbo95sir
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought my Arlo Pro 4-camera system for Black Friday and was excited to set it up last night. However, came to this message board because I was having connection issues from the base to my router. None of the resets suggested by users here worked. I was about to box it up and return to Best Buy today, but when I woke up, I got the steady green light vs. the dreaded amber all last night. No idea what happened, but I'll take it. Set up all 4 cameras and they are now monitoring the house.

Will wait and see if the signal keeps. Model of base is listed as VMB4000

Tomatera
Star
Star
Thanks, little did I know my problem was really Arlo’s. It lasted a long time too. Just got the cameras back online Saturday afternoon.
batichtchev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. It improved in the morning. Like you said.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @CarmNJ and @steve_t,

For more information please visit Some Arlo Base Station reporting as "Offline". We will continue to provide updates to that discussion as they become available. Please feel free to send me a private message if you need further assistance and we can continue troubleshooting with the assistance of our support team.

Best Regards,

Arlo Community Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Voo001
Initiate
Initiate

My arlo is telling me it’s not connected to internet . Internet is fine I’ve checked everything what should I do

aliazima
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using an HP laptop running Windows 10. Everything was working fine but for the last week unable to open the Arlo website. Using IE.  Message says cannot open website due to outdated TFP on the website,. I can only assume there was a Windows 10 update as I have no trouble opening the site on an HP desktop running Windows 7 and using Chrome or on a new Chromebook.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You sure it's TFP? Dunno what that is - a Google search doesn't seem to pop up anything. I know of tftp (trivial file transfer protocol) but that's not used AFAIK. I use W10 with all updates with no problems. IE is a possible problem since it's really only for legacy applications - use Edge, Firefox or Chrome instead. Just make sure Flash is enabled since the latest updates to those disable it by default.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Arlo Community,

As you may have seen, we have posted an update that this issue should now be resolved. However, if you are still experiencing any issues related to the Base Station offline issue please feel free to reach out to me via private message and I'll be happy to continue troubleshooting this issue until it is resolved.  

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.