Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

peneinna
Follower
Follower

I just changed my modem and now my base won't connect via ethernet cable.  My power light is green, but my internet light is amber. I'm not sure what to do at this  point.  I did a factory reset and light is still amber.  What can I try now?

203 REPLIES 203
mvancourt68
Guide
Guide
Just an update I started the string and my system is STILL down!!! Come on NETGEAR!!!
Erick0423
Aspirant
Aspirant
Damn .. i thought theres something wrong with my arlo base station. Check all my internet, router and factory reset my arlo base station. Nothing works then i check the server is down..(google). So my question is if the server down, nothing works.? Not even discovering my base stations. Thanks for any info!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

And facebook too

Erick0423
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here.. i was getting frustrated.. tried everything..reset my base stations and internet modem.. and took down all my cameras just to open them and close the battery .. then i just found out the server is down by googling it. Why can they send email or something that their server is down.
jacqueq
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is annoying, we returned ours twice in one day because we thought we must have gotten a bad system. Arlo better make up for this issue! Not ok to leave all their customers questioning their product and going through so many feeds trying to find a solution!
k-p
Aspirant
Aspirant

gawldern mudderforker.  Me too.  I've totally fracked my config trying to get back on-line.  Plus I'm on a 24 hr time window before leaving town.

news flash -- Mr/s Arlo, please publish a notice when the system is down through the app and arlo web page so your custumers won't waste the limited time they have left on this earth dorking around trying to fix something they will never be able to.  Otherwise, they may decide to spend their cash elsewhere in the future.

Rawmovement
Guide
Guide

For those thats had this device, does this happen often?

Miggy2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this system from WalMart as a Black Friday deal.  I have a NetGear Router NIghthawk X6 and cannot connect to the internet.  This is a pretty aweful system considering that I have had problems getting hold of any tech support and I have been on hold for over 50 minutes.  Still waiting!!!

splitbumper
Star
Star

Chances are it is connected to your home network.  The Netgear server outage is going to prevent it from finishing the setup.  I sure hope they get this resolved by morning.

Tipton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think you’ll have a better chance of getting through to comrade Putin 😂.
Tipton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Very disappointing.....
Onebluesummer
Guide
Guide
Internet is on now.. but now can't login to turn cameras on says try back tom borrow around 9am
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Authentication service error for me (United Kingdom). Any update please Netgear?

CarmNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, it appears the Arlo system has been down for quite a few hours. Is there a place where I can get updates? Its getting a little furstrating.

Thank you.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

They posted on twitter and on facebook earlier

Pherbert58
Aspirant
Aspirant
Back on line as of 5:04 am eastern
Still no explanation from Netgear....
Poor customer service.
Jenkinstod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure when the system cam back up, but it's working again this morning.  Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

Bcner715
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've always bought Netgear equipment but this is unacceptable.
I didn't mind spending $200 on a 3 camera system from Wal-Mart to get my feet wet with the battery powered cameras. I was going to spend a lot more for 1 camera! After getting a feel for the cheapness of the base unit and the problems with; supposedly, their servers, I'm inclined to return it instead of try and get it working. I have a perfectly good IP camera system now but without recording. Not sure of it's worth the hassle.
Gellar97
Tutor
Tutor

Base station connected some time during the night got everything else up and running too. I guess it was just a server issue but it would be nice if they found a way to communicate this better.

Bcner715
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the update. Will try again later this morning.
kgnewton
Aspirant
Aspirant

system has worked great for 6 months, until yesterday. Base station will not connect to internet. I've powered down my routher and base station. I've even done a reset on the base station. Nothing.  

Kreeper256
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm glad they have solved the issue and I'm vey happy i didn't have to reprogram my system because I had tried to reset everything before I realized that the problem was on there in does anyone else have Internet connection
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It should be fixed now... if not working, then reboot the base with the power button ( off, then on )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rosey626973
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system has worked great before. Its wirking again fine. As stated here they should have communicated their problems. You can deal with anything as long as you know. I gave found this system to be one of the best i have owned for wireless battery
tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

Likewise, everything is finally working, as this moment. 

Hopefully, it will stay that way.