Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

peneinna
Follower
Follower

I just changed my modem and now my base won't connect via ethernet cable.  My power light is green, but my internet light is amber. I'm not sure what to do at this  point.  I did a factory reset and light is still amber.  What can I try now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC

View solution in original post

203 REPLIES 203
ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system is more than 1 yr old but less than 2. The cameras about a month ago keep going offline. I've reset the cameras multiple times, reset the base station, updated all the software, and changed all the batteries.
Any ideas since I'm out of warranty? Should I buy a new base station? It's probably more cost effective to scrap the whole system and start over. Ashamed that the whole system breaks down after a year.

Any advice?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I had a problem with cameras going offline and being hard to sync. I moved my base station about a foot further away from my wifi router and it fixed it. I've said it to a few people now and it's worked too. I'm guessing there was some interference going on. Worth a try

ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I forgot to mention that my base station is about 40 ft from router.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

How does it get its internet connectivity?

mvancourt68
Guide
Guide
Everything was working fine now my base station won’t connect to the WiFi. Other items are connected fine. Tried resetting many times.
Onebluesummer
Guide
Guide
I've tried restart modem router yes cables are plugged in. It was after arlo went down today now it's stuck offline.
mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same situation here. I wish that someone affilated with Netgear would provide us with some sort of information/update concerning the outage. This is frustrating.

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There were at least some servers down but it's now working, at least for me.

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bases still not connecting for a lot of people

Sherlockdog
Initiate
Initiate
Yes down for me also.
Dawgnut
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station stayed connected although I couldn’t log on through the app.  I could view my cameras through SmartThings but not through the app.  I reset the base station and now it won’t connect at all.  I just installed today, so I’m new to the Arlo world.  Is there a system status page that is viewable to users?

Tkddroid
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here... App said authentication error for a few hours... Not the app logs in but the base station won't connect to the internet.
molonlabe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here...annoying...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A base doesn't connect in any way to your WiFi.  It uses an Ethernet cable to connect to the router.  What have you tried? What are you seeing, especially the base LEDs?

Brybry
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have 1 green light And 2 yellow lights. Just bought worked fine for a day now it won't connect to the internet.
dmctexas
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here. I've reset the base unit, pulled the power to cycle it, tried a different ethernet cord and a different ethernet port - nothing helps. Glad to hear others are having the same problem (well, wish we all weren't, though ...)

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

There are numerous posts right now with base connection issues, troubleshooting will not help 

ByeArlo
Star
Star

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! My base station crashed and burned hard, and now I'm going to have to reset everything if/when I can ever get it connected. OH AND GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET ANY ARLO CUSTOMER SERVICE -- THEIR PHONE NUMBER DOESN'T CONNECT, THE CHAT OPTION DOESN'T WORK, THEIR TWITTER ACCOUNT DOESN'T ACCEPT DM'S AND ALL YOU'RE LEFT WITH IS EMAIL -- ANY GUESSES ON WHETHER YOU'D EVEN GET A RESPONSE IF YOU TRIED TO SEND A MESSAGE?

Docholliday29
Aspirant
Aspirant

same - coundnt get in the account at first. Now base station wont connect to internet. Tried everything.

hellobethie
Guide
Guide

Same issue here - following for an Arlo response. Haven't even had this system a full 24 hours.

dougie41
Initiate
Initiate

Setting-up my new system.  Oye.  What a nighmare thus far.   I cannot connect the base station.  ISP checked ports, etc.  No problem on their end.  Could this be related to the server connection issue others are experiencing? 

mvancourt68
Guide
Guide
You’re right poor wording, my Ethernet cable is connected. I’ve unplugged everything to reset I’ve used the button. I have 2 green and an amber in the middle LED
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Turn off your base station. Restart your router. Ensure internet access on router. Turn on base station. Wait for power and internet lights to go green