Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased Arlo wireless in March, worked fine. then in the middle of May the cameras stopped sensing and recording motion from the hours of 8 pm to 8 am. Did Chat with support without any resolution.  Called support and they assisted. Camera recorded 1 event while I was on with support. Then not another event untill 8 am, even though there was motion in front of camera starting at 6:30 am. Cameras are set for nightvision, tried creating different Modes with different Rules. Didn't work. Support said to decrease sensitivity. but cameras miss people walking across the field of vision.

I got email from support wanting update on my proplem, but link in email comes back 'INVALID TOKEN VALUE' which does not give link to update issue. I received 2 emails for update, both links INVALID.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The link may be truncated in the email display. Try right-clicking on the link to copy and paste the address on a computer or long press on mobile to do the same.

IWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat Any idea why the cameras do not record between hours of 8 pm to 8 am, the time when the system is needed most? Although I want 24 hour monitoring. Armed, Scheduled, or any other Mode I create does not work. I have changed sensitivity low to high. During the time it does record, it does not activate fast enough most times to even record what or who tripped the camera.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be multiple issues. What mode are you using between 8PM and 8AM? Are you using the schedule or geofencing?

Getting decent recordings requires that the cameras be positioned properly. Have you read the FAQ here on best positioning? Motion should be across the FOV, not at the camera. People are best detected within ~20 feet, even with high sensitivity settings.  Post screenshots of the camera views for suggestions.